• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Any of y'all have any thoughts on Miguel Suazo? Any deal breakers aside from the fact that he is a Democrat?

Its a shame not enough people in the Republican Party didn't vote P Bush out in the primary.

https://www.facebook.com/savethealamotogether/posts/337066230162638

Today we of the Save The Alamo Committee want to announce our full endorsement of Miguel Suazo in his race to defeat George P. Bush as Texas General Land Office Commissioner on November 6.

I can tell you that Mr. Suazo is fully versed on all aspects of the Alamo—both the past and the present situation that we have been dealing with. I have had numerous meetings and conversations with him lasting several hours, and I can assure you that Mr. Suazo is totally in agreement with what we all have been fighting for. To list a few major points:

1. The Battle of 1836 and the heroism of the Defenders shall remain the primary focus of any future plans for the Alamo.
    2. The Cenotaph memorial to the Alamo Defenders shall not be moved one inch from where it currently stands.
    3. The Daughters of the Republic of Texas shall be restored to their proper role at the Alamo.

All of these points and more are publicly listed on Mr. Suazo’s website at https://www.miguelsuazo.org/media/remembering-the-alamo. He is imminently qualified and has well-thought-out positions on all the duties of the Land Office.

On the other hand, from his past actions and personal philosophy (“The focus of the Alamo has to be taken off the battle in order to promote unity and not division in our society”), we know that the defeat of George P. Bush is absolutely essential if we are to save the Alamo from political revisionism. If not, the entire future of the Alamo will be based on plans promoted by the politically correct Mayor and City Council of San Antonio, along with the Castro brothers and all the other radicals of their ilk. They have made no bones about their intent, and Bush has neither the spine nor the inclination to stand up to them. He has amply demonstrated that he cannot be trusted with the future of the Alamo.

Make no mistake, Democratic nominee Miguel Suazo is the one and ONLY candidate capable of defeating George P. Bush in the General Election. A vote for anyone else, Libertarian Party candidate Matt Piña or otherwise, will do nothing to further this goal. Fifty percent is not required, and there is no run-off. Unlike the Primary, whoever receives the largest number of raw votes in this General Election automatically wins. Regardless of party affiliation, it is critical that we use our votes and support in the only manner capable of DEFEATING Bush. A vote for anyone else will in effect be wasted. That is just the reality of the situation. And voting against Bush will have no negative effect whatsoever on any of the rest of the Republican ticket. (I myself personally intend to vote for all of them except for Bush.) Nonetheless, the entire future of the Alamo is infinitely more important than blind loyalty to ANY particular political party. What’s more, Bush has clearly proven that he does not MERIT the vote of any true Republican. Unlike Mr. Bush’s preposterous claim of being “the most conservative Land Commissioner in the history of Texas,” Miguel Suazo is indisputably the REAL conservative when it comes to the Alamo, the Cenotaph, and the Daughters of the Republic of Texas.

If ALL of us do our part, we can be the army that helps to push Suazo over the goal line. In the March 6 primaries, the combined Democratic vote for the GLO was 943,932, the vote for Bush was 859,209, and the combined anti-Bush Republican vote was 617,356. Together this would equate to: Suazo—39.0 percent, Bush—35.5 percent, and the anti-Bush Republicans—25.5 percent. It is obvious that OUR votes could very well determine the outcome of this race. Now is the time that we must all unite and do everything in our power to defeat George P. Bush. The future of the Alamo depends on it.

Remember the Alamo! Rick Range

P.S.—Please share this message with everyone that you possibly can. This will dramatically magnify our impact. It is imperative that we get this word out to each and every single person who voted against Bush in the Republican Primary, and beyond. And remember that this is absolutely our LAST chance to stop Bush and save the Alamo for posterity. The good news is that this race is winnable. Forty-two percent of the voters in Bush’s own party have already cast a vote against him last March. We must now ensure that they all do so again in November.
    Hurley's Gold

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    The Dems, they have been dying to get in charge of the Alamo since 1836

The problem is that George P Bush truly is no better than the Dems on the Alamo. I'm not voting for Bush, I was planning on throwing that vote away to the Libertarian candidate. However I'm curious what Miguel Suazo's positions are on other issues he might actually have power over.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I’ll admit it, I have very little knowledge about what’s going on here (with the Alamo situation). I read one article on this mess about two years ago. I didn’t really understand it then and still don’t now. It seems to me, it had something to do with land usage in the immediate vicinity of the Alamo.

Who’s knowledge about this and can you post a short, top level summary? (I don’t care about the emotions - just would like to be armed with the facts).

And yes, I’m also tying to put this in the proper context of the other areas of responsibility the Commissioner has.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The GLO is putting $450M to update the Alamo. Bush told the SA city council that the cenotaph could be moved off the Alamo proper. The council and mayor took hold of that and endorsed moving the cenotaph off the Alamo property and relocated to an as yet unspecified spot.

On top of that, Bush brought in a bunch of Yankee consultants and let them define how the Alamo story should be told today as an example of “a diverse and inclusive experience” to “foster understanding and healing” and “change the understanding of the Alamo as a building, to the Alamo as a place.”

That last paragraph is part of the June 2018 Alamo Comprehensive Interpretive Plan available at thealamo.org.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Sorry basturd Bush. Gotdamn war criminal. He needs to stop pretending he's a Texan. His days would better off polishing the balls on wild goats.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Its about money.

They took the Alamo away from the DRT so they could make the money on doing stupid shit like renting it out for weddings, etc.

Its. ALWAYS. about the money.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Land commissioner is in charge of coastal environment, oil leases, etc. Bush may not be the best but when the dems get hold of your money they don't let go.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Last time I was there was probably at least five years ago and it did strike me as being a little more “commercialized” than what I remembered before. I always thought the DRT did a good job with it in emphasizing the memorial aspect and solemnity of the place. I mean, after all, a battle was fought there and people lost their lives there - it’s NOT a party place!

Gona be a difficult choice in light of my inherent distrust of today’s Democrats at managing Texas’ resources for the public good. Too bad we don’t have better choices all the way around!

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    The job has more responsibilities than the Alamo, does it not? Make the decision on his the person will impact the entire state, not just 1 location.

^^^^
    This!
    Just more control over what the state can spend & where to spend it.... remember the bigger picture for Dems/Liberals is more government control over we the people.

I've been to the Alamo twice in the last year... matter fact was there just the other day on July 4th.
    No matter how much you spend, Its never going to be what it should be in the middle of Downtown & all the bums.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I don't give a shit, San Antonio already has too many Democrats running the place. It'll be a cold day in hell before I vote one into office.

As for the Alamo, the area around it looks like it's run by Disney. I support a renovation of the place, getting rid of the gaudy tourist attractions; but I don't know enough about the proposal to fully support it or not. I just know that getting rid of traffic along N. Alamo Street from E. Commerce to E. Houston streets would improve things greatly. Next they need to get rid of those cheesy souvenir shops as well as those ridiculous Ripley's, Tomb Raider and Guinness World Records places.

As for the Cenotaph, I don't see any need to move it. It's a memorial to those who fought there.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Sorry basturd Bush. Gotdamn war criminal. He needs to stop pretending he's a Texan. His days would better off polishing the balls on wild goats.

P is a war criminal? What did he do?

Last time I was there was probably at least five years ago and it did strike me as being a little more “commercialized” than what I remembered before. I always thought the DRT did a good job with it in emphasizing the memorial aspect and solemnity of the place. I mean, after all, a battle was fought there and people lost their lives there - it’s NOT a party place!

I always thought the DRT kinda let the Alamo fall apart while only focusing on the money making end of it. I'm not saying a government takeover is better (it never is), but they weren't doing such a great job in my mind. (I'm in the construction industry and have read many articles over the years about the work done, and the work needed down there.)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom