Saw a guy carrying a IWB Glock today in a elementary school parking lot.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    But like you said, "it's your business".

There's nothing wrong with it happening, why would anybody think twice about it.
    because i don't want people seeing it so if it is accidentally exposed i'd like to know about it so i can take actions to keep it from happening again. like start wearing longer shirts, or instead of bending over to pick something up, squat down or kneel instead. just little changes i can do to prevent exposure. and if i dont know they're happening, i wont know that i need to fix them.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    As a delivery driver several years ago I'll say it was no sweat off my brow to pop in somewhere with a delivery regardless of signage or legality regarding carry. If you wouldn't do it, that's your beef. Bars, schools, post offices, hospitals, even the odd court house if the delivery wasn't past the metal detectors. I would not carry in a location it were possible to easily expose the firearm though. That's just my experience, YMMV.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    I don't know if telling him about his exposed gun would have been a good idea or not. Different people would react differently being told about it. He may have thanked me and went on his way; or he may have caused a scene just as the kids were coming out.

As for carrying and exposed weapon on school property. I agree with the thought of caution. As already said. just seems like common sense right now due to the heightened feelings about school shootings. Too easy for some parent to see you walking up to the school with an exposed gun and panic.

tomballpa

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    I was picking up my granddaughter from school this afternoon so she could spend the night with us. As I was sitting in my pick-up waiting for the bell to ring a guy walked by my truck, went to the bicycle rack and rolled them to the parking lot. As he passed my truck again I noticed his t-shirt had ridden up exposing his pistol in an IWB holster.

I watched him in my rear view mirror as he loaded the bikes into his SUV then get in vehicle. He sat there until the kids started coming out of the building. I was look for my granddaughter and lost track of him.

I thought about this incident and wished I'd walked over and told him about his weapon being exposed. But at the same time it was illegal for just being on school property. Sigh, some people will have to learn the hard way.
    Firearms are NOT illegal in school parking lots, or in your vehicles.

tomballpa

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016

tomballpa

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    School premises usually means in the building, heck I remember keeping my rifle on my back seat in high school.

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses
    you are correct... or a stadium, sporting venue

tomballpa

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    [QUOTE="

"Federal law prohibits gun possession within 1000 feet of a school unless the individual holds a LTC issued by that state or has a dwelling in that area. "[/QUOTE]

What federal law? The only Fed law I know of was ruled unconstitutional in 1995 "United States v. Alfonso D. Lopez, Jr., 514 U.S. 549 (1995)[1] was the first United States Supreme Court case since the New Deal to set limits to Congress' power under the Commerce Clause of the United States Constitution. The Supreme Court held that the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990, which banned possession of handguns near schools, was unconstitutional because it did not have a substantial impact on interstate commerce. After the Lopez decision, the act was amended to specifically only apply to guns that had been moved via interstate commerce."

In Texas your car in an extension of your home and you are allowed to have a firearm in it whether you have a CHL/LTC or not. Pistols must be concealed in the case of not having a CHL/LTC.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    In Texas your car in an extension of your home and you are allowed to have a firearm in it whether you have a CHL/LTC or not. Pistols must be concealed in the case of not having a CHL/LTC.

And if you do have a CHL/LTC, they must be either concealed; or in a belt or shoulder holster if they aren't concealed. No "in plain view".

Top Bottom