• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Nice looking signs. Wonder how much they spent on these?
    IMG_20171112_090442(1).jpg
    Target Sports

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    But you've got to give them credit. They went all out buying a pretty sign, and even put one in spanish too.

Not just your average cheap gunbuster sticker.

It is strange how they picked up the large enough letters, prominently displayed, english and spanish, covered the 411 subsection H, etc.

How does one go through enough trouble to get kind of close, but not bother to find 30.06?

Or were they trying to cover both concealed and open in one set of signs?

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I was under the impression that they could give you notice however they wanted and it was legal. I'm sure txi or someone more knowledgeable than me will come by and straighten it out.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    These signs serve the purpose of calming the sheeple while allowing us to carry. Just like gun buster signs. They are worth only their weight as boat anchors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Unless it is a statutorily off limits location (school, courthouse, etc.), these signs are meaningless. Even if they were statutorily off limits, the signs would not be needed.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    That is certainly correct about the churches. I dug it up after Sutherland Springs. I hadn't really looked at the law changes last year before.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That is certainly correct about the churches. I dug it up after Sutherland Springs. I hadn't really looked at the law changes last year before.
    What is correct? There are two completely different positions about churches posted above your post in this thread.

Churches and hospitals are exactly alike. Carry there is not off limits unless notice is given under penal code(s) 30.06/ 30.07.

Notice can be verbal, a card or document with 30.06/07 language, or a sign posted in compliance with 30.06/7

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    These signs serve the purpose of calming the sheeple while allowing us to carry ....

This ^
    The building/door frame has an institutional look to it.
    Looks like something our former City Manager would do.
    Before he was both fired and the city was in danger of being fined.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I certainly hope those are cast bronze or other expensive signage instead of just printed all purdy. I’d like to know that in order for my money not being spent there they expended a lot of finances.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Where is this at?

Rehab facility. My father in law had a stroke and they're doing physical therapy type stuff with him to prepare him to go back home.

Unlike the hospital they took him to at first, this time instead of walking up to the door and having to walk back to the truck, this time I only paused to take a picture.

As I mentioned, I've never seen a sign like this before, especially this nicely done. I thought others would get a kick out of seeing it.

But I'm still surprised someone seemed to go through so much trouble in an attempt to do something and still be so far off the mark.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I was under the impression that they could give you notice however they wanted and it was legal. I'm sure txi or someone more knowledgeable than me will come by and straighten it out.

They must post 30.06/30.07 like everyone else. They can give you verbal notice anyway they want.

Top Bottom