• ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Might be going, anyone else interested?

If so, breakfast at the usual location at the usual time.

No refunds if I decide to sleep in and miss it!

Cheers! M2
    Gun Zone Deals

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    According to my "Fingerspitzengefuehl," this show will not improve until we see .22 LR and 9mm cartridges at Wally World on the shelves day in and day out. And until retail prices of .22 LR reach $.04 for bulk; 9mm FMJ at $9.00 and .45 Auto FMJ at $13.00 per 50 rounds a box. (Plus 7.62x39 at $2.99/box of 20).

Otherwise, enjoy your day at the scalpers' monthly reunion.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    According to my "Fingerspitzengefuehl," this show will not improve until we see .22 LR and 9mm cartridges at Wally World on the shelves day in and day out. And until retail prices of .22 LR reach $.04 for bulk; 9mm FMJ at $9.00 and .45 Auto FMJ at $13.00 per 50 rounds a box. (Plus 7.62x39 at $2.99/box of 20).

Otherwise, enjoy your day at the scalpers' monthly reunion.

And keep living in your fantasy world where you think you'll ever see ammo at those prices again!

This isn't the Premier show, I don't have a personal attachment to it; but we've had some great times with fun folks from this forum both at breakfast and at the show. For five bucks, it's a cheap way to pass a few hours with the added bonus of being around firearms and like-minded individuals.

If you prefer to sit at home and feel like it's the better option, then have a nice day doing so!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Wasn't trying to irritate you. I was just poking fun at this statement. I don't prefer to sit at home. Lol.

It wasn't you that was irritating, Mike. I do hope you make it down for the show, it's usually a good time; but if not, you definitely have to try and make the Premier show in December!

Cheers! M2

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    thanks Major. I will probably make it. I don't have any plans that I know of. I really want to come in December. I think my dad might be visiting at that time, but he lives in Los Angeles so he'll be happy to come too.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    And keep living in your fantasy world where you think you'll ever see ammo at those prices again!

This isn't the Premier show, I don't have a personal attachment to it; but we've had some great times with fun folks from this forum both at breakfast and at the show. For five bucks, it's a cheap way to pass a few hours with the added bonus of being around firearms and like-minded individuals.

If you prefer to sit at home and feel like it's the better option, then have a nice day doing so!

Relax, Max!

I can find ammo fairly regularly now at Wally, Academy or at our LGS at 1/2 the prices asked at a gun show. Don't get all wound up over a little tickle about gun shows.

I also don't do gun shows or weddings during College Football Saturdays.

Guten Abend.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Hey, I said "have a nice day;" what else do you want?!? :D

Nothing more than a gun show that sells "at wholesale prices" as it advertises. That has not happened since November, Twenty 'O Seven. Truth in Advertising.

I don't pump sunshine when it is raining cats and dogs.

Enjoy your breakfast!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Suit yourself, while you may be right about the "truth in advertising" bit; these shows are about a lot more than just buying guns. We always have a great group of folks come out, and sometimes some new ones show up and get to put some faces to the names on here.

And while there are a lot of bad deals at the show, I have found some good ones. Not always, but it happens enough to keep me going back.

For five bucks it's worth it to get two hours' or more of pure enjoyment of being around guns. If that's not your cup of tea, no biggie; but the rest of us are still going to have a good time!

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Max,

I never missed a Saxet Show starting back when it was held at the Airport Convention Center, moved to the Freeman Coliseum, and then to Marbach & 410. Met a lot of interesting people and truly enjoyed my time there. Sadly, many of our old friends no longer remember our patronage.

Yes, the Saxet Gun Show was "cheaper than a movie." I coined that phrase.

I spent too much time in England, and a "Cup of tea" surely sux. I'd rather drink a cup of coffee all day long.

You and I have more in common than you might think.

Enjoy your day at the show.

Don't forget the three or five bucks to park your car.

Top Bottom