• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    The Event Center would make a perfect mega TV church that serves spam sandwiches and koolaid. Other than that, I see the place sitting vacant.

I will admit to going down for the show every month though. Where else can you find candy covered nuts and brass knuckles under one roof?

My bet is that ownership has bent to the prevailing political winds in San Antonio.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Oh man, first Austin Shitty Council kicked SAXET out of their commie haven and now SAT is following suit. Frankly, I was wondering how the leftist nazis in SAT are still allowing this "right wing white supremacy" to continue on their land. I guess they finally threatened to break the legs of the right person in charge.
    Well, hopefully a smaller town will pick it back up and offer to host. There are still normal people in small towns here. Keep us posted what you find out.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I went to SAXET this month for the first time in years, mainly to see if they guy who did plastidipping was still around (he wasn't :().

It's still crowded, but for the life of me I cannot see why! Prices on guns and ammo are through the roof, and there's the usual abundance of non-firearm-related vendors.

If it wasn't for the one guy selling military memorabilia, I would have walked out empty handed (I picked up a Ukrainian beret, pins and patch).

It was nice to see a few old friends who I haven't seen in a while (Mark and Tebor), but outside that I have no motivation to go back anytime soon.

But I don't recall any mention of a move in venue, but they do mention it on their website ("New Venue Information Coming Soon").

It will be interesting to see where they end up. One of the main reasons Premier hasn't come back has been the lack of a good location that didn't conflict with SAXET's!

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Yup they lost the lease to the current local. June is last one there. Hopefully they can land somewhere else in SA.

I enjoy visiting it a couple times a yr if for nothing else but kill a boring sat or sun afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Has anyone heard if SAXET has found a new location for their show after June? We were told that the June show was the last at the San Antonio Events Center as the owner wants to "go another direction"...whatever that means!

One of the vendors had told me that the guy that owns the place wants it to store furniture in.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    This sure is disappointing news.
    Is Kerrville still having gun shows? (An hour drive for me but maybe worth it if they scale up since SAXET won't be no more)

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This sure is disappointing news.
    Is Kerrville still having gun shows? (An hour drive for me but maybe worth it if they scale up since SAXET won't be no more)

Last time I went to a Kerrville gun show it wasn't worth the drive.

Maybe someone there can give us an update.

Otherwise, I'd rather go to the Premier show in New Braunfels!

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Last time I went to a Kerrville gun show it wasn't worth the drive.

Maybe someone there can give us an update.

Otherwise, I'd rather go to the Premier show in New Braunfels!

Thank you for the info and the link to the NB premier show - I hadn't been to it yet, and it is way closer than Kerrville.

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well we'll find out this week-end what Saxet's future will be here in San Antonio. My wife and I have been vendors there for nearly 5 years and I'm not sure our little business will survive without it. We don't make enough off what we sell to be able to go out of town with gas/hotel/etc. costs being what they are.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Well we'll find out this week-end what Saxet's future will be here in San Antonio. My wife and I have been vendors there for nearly 5 years and I'm not sure our little business will survive without it. We don't make enough off what we sell to be able to go out of town with gas/hotel/etc. costs being what they are.

Please let us know........

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Buck Nekkid,

What do you & your lady sell??

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I hope they stick around. It has been the best way to sell guns and ammo since I moved here a year ago. I would really miss it.

James1979,

What I wish that we had is a WIDE OPEN market like CANTON's FIRST MONDAY, where ANYTHING from a tin pot to a jet airplane can be bought/sold/traded.
    (In 2 days of 2017 I bought a PU truck, 4 guns & a red-bone hound puppy (for a friend of mine) there, as well as my lady bought fresh veggies for the deep freeze & a "claw-foot tub" for her client's bathroom remodeling project.

IF I can find a suitable piece of property to buy/lease, that may be one of our future projects.

just my OPINION, satx

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    If you have a phone number or street address on SATX78247, would you please send it IN A PM, NOT on the open forum, to one of the mods here? He's got us worried...been too long since he showed up and nothing we've tried has reached him. Thanks

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you have a phone number or street address on SATX78247, would you please send it IN A PM, NOT on the open forum, to one of the mods here? He's got us worried...been too long since he showed up and nothing we've tried has reached him. Thanks

So sorry. I'm not in that zip at all.

Top Bottom