• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    any good deals on pistols? nice revolvers?? im going tommorow morning with a co worker

Kinda a broad question, there were a lot of guns for sale so chances are if you're looking for something in particular, you'll find it!

Overall, I find prices for firearms to be: local gun shops>gun show vendors>online sales>private sales, with the middle two sometimes being close if you're lucky. Considering you get to inspect/handle the gun prior to buying it, I consider that worthy of paying a few extra bucks at a show.

Have a good time and let us know if you find something!

Cheers! M2
    Target Sports

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Some old Army buddies and I got together to shoot at a local range.

Had a great time, since the gun show had a noticeable impact on attendance at the range.

Good times!

bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    very true, i should have been more specific! I would really like a somewhat compact pistol, something with a decent magazine capacity, preferably around ten or more. possibly a 9mm? maybe even .380 acp? or .40 S&W? I have big hands so something like a ruger lc9 really would not be for me. I would not mind a glock, but i havent really fired any thing other than a G19 and a Taurus .40 cal as far as handguns go. any recomendations as far as vendors go?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I would suggest that you first decide on the gun, then look for what you want. Don't compromise - there's enough choices out there for you to find what you want. IMO, a .380 is best used as a pocket pistol only - something that beats nothing, but not really a caliber I want to be my life on.
    In my world (personal opinion ON), a 9mm is not an acceptable caliber as a gun I wanna bet my life on - again, beats nothing, but for me, a .40 is minimum. In most scenarios, 2-3 rounds are all that are expended in a gun fight that most of us would ever be involved in - so a 7-10 round capacity is generally going to be more than adequate, so I'm gonna look for compact in a .40 or .45. At one point, I had a dozen .40's......that current count is now "0", and I've gone strictly to .45, thanks in large part to an excellent selection of .45's in very small packages, such as the (now discontinued) Wilson Sentinel .45, and the (currently in production) STI Elektra in .45. The Elektra has a dry weight of 22 ounces, and the kimber 7-round compact mag fits it flush to the grip - so capacity isn't an issue to me. Add to that that the 8-round mags I carry in the truck will fit it (although not flush), I've got 31-39 rounds with me in the truck at any time - and slipping a spare mag or two in a pocket is a piece of cake - although I'll readily admit that I seldom bother with carrying a spare mag outside the truck, simply because of what I mentioned earlier w/regards to the average rounds expended if used....

bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    I would suggest that you first decide on the gun, then look for what you want. Don't compromise - there's enough choices out there for you to find what you want. IMO, a .380 is best used as a pocket pistol only - something that beats nothing, but not really a caliber I want to be my life on.
    In my world (personal opinion ON), a 9mm is not an acceptable caliber as a gun I wanna bet my life on - again, beats nothing, but for me, a .40 is minimum. In most scenarios, 2-3 rounds are all that are expended in a gun fight that most of us would ever be involved in - so a 7-10 round capacity is generally going to be more than adequate, so I'm gonna look for compact in a .40 or .45. At one point, I had a dozen .40's......that current count is now "0", and I've gone strictly to .45, thanks in large part to an excellent selection of .45's in very small packages, such as the (now discontinued) Wilson Sentinel .45, and the (currently in production) STI Elektra in .45. The Elektra has a dry weight of 22 ounces, and the kimber 7-round compact mag fits it flush to the grip - so capacity isn't an issue to me. Add to that that the 8-round mags I carry in the truck will fit it (although not flush), I've got 31-39 rounds with me in the truck at any time - and slipping a spare mag or two in a pocket is a piece of cake - although I'll readily admit that I seldom bother with carrying a spare mag outside the truck, simply because of what I mentioned earlier w/regards to the average rounds expended if used....
    i hadnt actually thought of that before, but it makes sense about magazine capacity, two or three should be about all the rounds fired in a situation where it is needed. I would much rather prefer a .40, over the 9mm or .380. It would have been nice to have a gun on me last night when some guy came banging on my door at 4 am, saying he needed a phone! i told him give me a second il grab my phone and my gun, and he promptly ran off! im sure my big huskies barking also aided in scaring him off!

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Being from the RGV, this was my first time to attend the SA gun show. OMG is it better! I actually found 264 win mag brass. While prices on guns were list it did appear like the dealers were willing to haggle. Need to check out the corpus one out now.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hope everyone had a good time at the show - as I mentioned, we snuck by the show at the GR Brown center in Houston earlier today before headin' home. Schoolmarm twisted mah arm into buying her a Sig P938.....only one we saw at the show. We were filling out paperwork and someone came walking up, all ticked off because they had "looked at it earlier and said they MIGHT be back." I just grinned and explained to 'em that we looked at it and bought it without putting it back down again.

Don't think they saw the humor in mah reply.....

bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    got a decent deal on a smith and wesson sw40ve, holster, ammo.....i heard the bad reviews over this gun, but the trigger pull issue seems to be over exagerated. ten round mag capacity is right on point also! heading to the range tommorow morning to shoot for a bit! all in all i enjoyed the show, was tempted to buy the gsg-522 as a plinker, but couldnt get a nice enough deal, maybe next time!

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I didn't see anything worth a damn.

I really wanted to get a Ruger 10/22 but the CHEAPEST i could find was $215 new and i didn't see 1 single used one. I was hoping to see a Ruger SR1911 or a S&W Shield but no such luck... didn't find any good deals on 1911's either. Come to think of it, i didn't see any Metro Arms 1911's which i was interested in. well, there was 1 but it had bad scratches on the hard chrome and it was the only one they had.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Hope everyone had a good time at the show - as I mentioned, we snuck by the show at the GR Brown center in Houston earlier today before headin' home. Schoolmarm twisted mah arm into buying her a Sig P938.....only one we saw at the show. We were filling out paperwork and someone came walking up, all ticked off because they had "looked at it earlier and said they MIGHT be back." I just grinned and explained to 'em that we looked at it and bought it without putting it back down again.

Don't think they saw the humor in mah reply.....

Sweet! I think I saw your pics of the P238 vs the P938 on another forum earlier in the week and I was quite impressed. I've got a newly aquired P238 and love the crisp SA/1911 type trigger break. I put a P938 on order from my fav discount dealer and I'll wait patiently. I believe I ordered the P938 SAS model. If/when I get the Sig P938, I may have to off one of my two Kahr 9mm's. I have been looking at the shows for the P938 but have never seen one. I doubt I'd buy unless it was a good deal.

You made a wise choice to sit and buy. Many a good deal or one-of-a-kind deals have been passed over by people in search of trying to save $10, only to come to find out the original deal was snatched up.

Top Bottom