Guns International

SAXET Gun Show in SA (Feb 6-7, plus the rest of 2010 dates)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yeah, the size of the crowd was definitely down from previous shows...maybe it'll dawn on them that charging for parking isn't the solution to the problem...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It'll be interesting to see what kind of response I get from the email. I don't think they were charging parking to solve the problem, though - I think they thought they could "get away" with it. If gate receipts drop enough, they'll hopefully rethink it. If enough of us vote with our wallets, the vendors themselves will start grumbling at the smaller crowds.

TxAgZ28

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I thought about going today to look around, then I also remembered it costs to park and costs to get in and is on the opposite side of town, so I didn't. I probably won't be going back for a while.

armadillo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    TX
    This was the second one in a row that I didn't attend. It is getting to be a hastle and you always see the same stuff. Till then, I had been to every one for the last 2 years.

I got my gun show fix last month in Tulsa.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, you're in the minority then - because every time I go, I see any number of new ones. Not necessarily what I'm looking for, but when you're looking for guns last manufactured over 25 years ago, you ain't gonna see 'em too often!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Is this the one over on the north west side? Is it really worth going to, because the last time I was there it was small and the venue was kind of nasty...

I saw in my NRA mag they listed dates for the Shriner show, but didn't they drop those? It'd be great if they still have that one...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, it's a totally different company - the one now is put on by SAXET, the ones that used to do 'em at the Coliseum. PM me with a number - I'll likely go over Sunday...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Is this the one over on the north west side? Is it really worth going to, because the last time I was there it was small and the venue was kind of nasty...

I saw in my NRA mag they listed dates for the Shriner show, but didn't they drop those? It'd be great if they still have that one...

It ain't the greatest of venues, but it holds a lot of vendors and it's a helluva lot better than anything Texas Gun Shows hosts!

As for the SAXET shows at the Alzafar Shrine Temple, they're still on but only a couple of times during the year. Here are the remaining 2010 dates:

Jul 24-25
    Sep 25-26

Cheers! M2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom