Guns International

SAXET Guns Show in SA This Weekend (2-3 Jan)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I just realized that the first SAXET gun show at the new location (the San Antonio Event Center, 8111 Meadow Leaf or more easily, Loop 410 & Marbach Rd) is this weekend (2-3 Jan 10). The hours are Sat: 0900 - 1800 and Sun: 0900 – 1700.

This new venue is suppose to have more vendors at it. The old location (Freeman Coliseum) limited the number of sellers, and the SA Event Center allegedly is bigger.

Hope to see y'all there!
    oglvvd.gif

Cheers! M²

usaf_vito

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    I think I'll check it out...I've been meaning to go to one of the SAXET shows since I moved out here, but it always seemed to fall on a weekend I was out of town.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Darn, I'm getting Married on the 2nd. . . . . .in Stillwater, OK.

Crap, I need to go to sleep, that wedding is tomorrow.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, the show was very crowded, which is a good thing! I was concerned that after the holidays, folks might not want to spend money but apparently that wasn't the case. I saw several people I know there, and I think the new venue is going to be a big success as having to pay for parking at Friedman, the smaller size of that location and the drive from the NW side of town were all negatives in my book.

Still, I left empty-handed as nothing really tickled my fancy too much. I need to throttle-back on my purchases a bit, but I still am going to look at another rifle this weekend so the weekend may not be a total loss!

Cheers! M2

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I was there this morning and the show seemed larger than at Freeman, found a couple things I was looking for, ammo is still overpriced, but fun to just walk around, chat, and play touchy with whatever is there. Also, for morning folks, breakfast at Apetito's was good and there is a pancake house both in walking distance.

usaf_vito

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Walked through for an hour or so, didn't really see anything that inspired me to clear denim with my wallet. If you're a Beretta guy though, I did see a PX4 with 2 mags for $399. I'll probably spread that word over at the Beretta forum. I'm a handgun guy though, so I didn't really check out the rifles, there may have been a deal there. It was pretty crowded in the aisles compared to other gun shows I've been at...had to dodge a couple of rifle barrels, both high and low. I left a little queasy too, the scent of some cinnamon thing, beef jerky, steel, and BO mixing up and smacking me in the face.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    I found everything I needed to get the AR ready for the scope. Got me a YHM Hooded Front Flip Sight Tower, a Rock River Arms Hi-Rise Scope Mount, and a VLTOR EMOD. Now I just need a smith to change out front sight for front flip sight.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ah'll be the handsome white biker w/a Randall in a shoulder holster, Gruene HOG ball cap an' one of the guys w/me will be a gray-hair hispanic, 5'8" or so, about 200 lbs.

Top Bottom