• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I haven't been to one of these in several years. In light of the recent hysteria, have the crowds begun to thin down a little yet?
    I also heard that they moved from the Highway 290 E location.

Is it worthwhile to pay the entry fee these days? Not interested in looking at jerky & jewelry...or even knives.

Am looking for a Kahr CW45 or a Ruger SR9.

Saw an SR9 at Academy for $450.
    Heritage, if they ever get one, will sell me the Kahr CW45 for the same price. I like the big holes that .45s make, so would rather have the Kahr....but it might be a long wait.
    Guns International

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I last went in June, learned my lesson from the previous month and went half an hour early, I was 20th in line, by the time it opened, the line was out to Lamar ... ammo was very short supply, guns were adequate .. but if you can get a Kahr .45 for $450, grab it!! and get one for me ... good luck if you go, I'm waiting until September before I try again ...

Reverendbiker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    Were prices through the roof? What about reloading components?
    Some prices were returning to sanity, but reloading components were silly high. There was the usual vendor in the front of the hall; he had a pretty good supply of powder and bullets, but prices were 10% higher than at McBrides just down the street and 15-20% higher on stuff that Cabelas had in stock.

slowrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I always go just because I get to see so many different guns. However it also seems as if I'm always looking for something they don't have.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I quit going because of the 30.06 PC posting. I will not pay to be disarmed, nor do I support businesses that do not allow CHL holders to carry on their property. Gun shows do not get a pass.

Top Bottom