• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I saw some shotguns I liked. How about you? There was one old one with an external hammer, I think it was a Winchester. If I hadn't seen this Mosin I might have gotten that.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I dont collect the old guns but i enjoy them. Saw a real nice looking Sako rifle with a very aggressive looking thumb hole stock.

I was looking for a base model 10/22 and came up short but did see a few nice 10/22s.

ARs still available and fairly priced. AK market still seems tight.

Funny you mentioned shotguns. I was walking my 930 around. About 5 lookers but not much interest. I did manage to divest of it today elsewhere.

So now i am in both the 10/22 and shotgun market.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Cheapest I saw was $250 for the black synthetic blued barrel. Not terrible considering they are hard to find.

What did you think of the show being relatively new to the area? Not sure if you made any of the Cedar Park (Premier) show.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I've been to the Cedar Park one I think 2 times. I bought a Star BM at one but usually I feel like that show doesn't have what I like. The one here in Austin is okay. Sometimes I see stuff. I got a Webly in .455 from 1917 at the Austin show, and a couple Iver Johnson revolvers from like 1909-1911 era when they just started using smokeless powder.

I remember there was one like up north some where. I bought my Bushmaster at that one, but it was like over a year ago. I never went to any other ones there and now I can't remember what place it was at.

I go to every one with an open mind. Sometimes there is nothing I want, and sometimes I can't decide. I find bringing something I want to sell/ trade helps a lot.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I've been to the Cedar Park one I think 2 times. I bought a Star BM at one but usually I feel like that show doesn't have what I like. The one here in Austin is okay. Sometimes I see stuff. I got a Webly in .455 from 1917 at the Austin show, and a couple Iver Johnson revolvers from like 1909-1911 era when they just started using smokeless powder.

I remember there was one like up north some where. I bought my Bushmaster at that one, but it was like over a year ago. I never went to any other ones there and now I can't remember what place it was at.

I go to every one with an open mind. Sometimes there is nothing I want, and sometimes I can't decide. I find bringing something I want to sell/ trade helps a lot.

The show you mentioned "up north some where" was likely the Premier show that's now at Cedar Park. It was held at the Crockett Center on North Lamar (a horrible venue) the first two or three times it was in Austin. They moved to Cedar Park earlier this year or maybe toward the end of 2012, I believe.

Saxet used to be at the Crockett Center also but moved to the Expo Center probably 4 or 5 years ago.

The Crockett Center building was originally a Sam's Club, as I recall, and then I believe the city of Austin purchased it and called it something else before being rebranded the Crockett Center. At least I think that's the history, I could be wrong.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    Yea, I went. Looking for a CZ 2075 Rami. Only saw one CZ 75 is the whole place, and it was over priced. For some reason it wasn't as crowded this time.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Yea, I went. Looking for a CZ 2075 Rami. Only saw one CZ 75 is the whole place, and it was over priced. For some reason it wasn't as crowded this time.

Oh, man too bad we didn't meet up. I was carrying around my CZ52. I sold it though, complete with holster, 2 mags and a box of ammo.

Top Bottom