Join TexasGunTalk

Saxet show this weekend

Discussion in 'Austin' started by Dash Riprock, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock Well-Known

Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I wonder if the Navy Yard shooting will have any impact on attendance or prices. So far I'm not sensing the anti-gun hysteria that we got after Sandy Hook. I still expect ammo to be too high. We'll see.

2. Odiferous

Odiferous Active Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Gander Mountain at Hwy. 151/IH410 in SA had loads of ammo yesterday (17th) around lunchtime...didn't see any panic buying. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

3. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'll probably go. Going to the show is cheaper than going to the range. Last Saxet show I went to was lightly attended.

4. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    All those folks that loaded up during the panic just in case there was a ban, they're broke and Christmas is coming.

Plus, the great majority of them are people who normally wouldn't have bought an AR/AK style weapon on a regular day. That being so, those same people are not going to jump back in and buy more of the same less then a year later.

5. Mikeinhistory

Mikeinhistory Well-Known

Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'll be going. I feel like at this show I can usually find something interesting to me. Unlike most of the other ones.

6. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    What's this Christmas thing? I see it all over the various boards.

I don't save money for Christmas. Bah humbug.

If they want a gift, they will have to bust their A$$, just like I do for ammo.

7. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Some people have a need to give gifts apparently. :p

8. Rhino

Rhino Active Member

Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Think I'll be there...

9. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    So far the Washington Navy Yard has had ZERO effect on gun and ammo demand. (The demented shooter was not a white guy).

A local gun shop suckered a radio station news department to air his opinion ... "gun sales are up by 40% this week already, and ammo has completely dried up."

That fellow was just trying to drum up more business, but sure was stupid saying he could sell you a gun with no ammo.

10. Randman

Randman Well-Known

Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Last show wasn't very good, that said, I'll probably go and try to pick up something cool from individuals walking around selling stuff.. that, and the really nice ammo can guy are about the only draw to that show anymore. just my .02