• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    Just found this website randomly looking for gun sales and decided that since it was a texas forum, I might as well join.

just one question about texas law, is it illegal for personal sales to be conducted concerning firearms?
    Capitol Armory ad

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Welcome!!!

No it is not illegal. You can sell a firearm to other Texans no problem, as long as you have no reason to suspect they are from out of state or are restricted from purchasing a gun in the first place (i/e a felon). A quick look at a TX ID or DL insures the state residency part. As far as the other side, there is no requirement for you to do any sort of check into the buyers background...use your personal judgement and you may sell it to them. Some people however prefer to only sell to those with a CHL, that way their "conscience" is clear as the background check is already done as well.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    thanks for all the homeliness to the group as well as for the information.
    I kinda knew that Texas was liberal when it came to gun rights but wasnt sure about how liberal, that is very nifty to know. thanks for the website post, im thinking about heading up to austin tomorrow to visit a gun show. I thought there was one in san antonio this weekend but I was sorely mistaken. Oh well I just cannot wait till the end of August, because Ft. Worth show, here I come.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    Check this site out. It has the San Antonio gun show dates for the Saxet Gun Shows.
    [URL]http://saxetshows.com/[/URL]

yeah my father ended up telling me about that website. I went to the one at the freeman coliseum about 3 weeks ago and ended up picking up my first weapon I bought myself. It is a Norinco SKS, and I am loving that to pieces sides the fact it came with a synthetic stock over wooden but there is plenty of time to look for options.

Top Bottom