• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Senorx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Lytle,Texas
    Anybody able to SBR engrave in the S.A. area?? I have a MEGA AR lower which will be SBR registered. I was going to send to Orion Arms, but the turnaround is about 6-8 weeks.
    Lynx Defense

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I am not an engraver, so am not sure what "SBR" engraving is.

I did get some Glock slides engraved by a guy in San Antonio that uses a laser and does excellent work...VERY reasonable prices too.

What are you wanting to get engraved on your AR?

Senorx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Lytle,Texas
    I am not an engraver, so am not sure what "SBR" engraving is.

I did get some Glock slides engraved by a guy in San Antonio that uses a laser and does excellent work...VERY reasonable prices too.

What are you wanting to get engraved on your AR?

The BATF requires all registered "SBR" Short Barreled Rifles be engraved on the lower receiver with the owner/builders name, city and state. It also has to be visible without the lower receiver being taken apart. I don't believe a laser engraver will do, because it has to be a certain depth. I believe the depth has to be .003 and the laser engraver does not go that deep. Please correct me I'm wrong about the laser engraver depth, because I would really like to do this in town and not have to ship the lower out to anyone.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The BATF requires all registered "SBR" Short Barreled Rifles be engraved on the lower receiver with the owner/builders name, city and state. It also has to be visible without the lower receiver being taken apart. I don't believe a laser engraver will do, because it has to be a certain depth. I believe the depth has to be .003 and the laser engraver does not go that deep. Please correct me I'm wrong about the laser engraver depth, because I would really like to do this in town and not have to ship the lower out to anyone.

I dont know how deep the laser cuts. i DO know that it looksgreat and however deep it is, it will never wear off or be unreadable....I believe it is called M&M Engraving in San Antonio. The guy in an Engineer so could answer our tech questions. I have his card somewhere ad will look for the number. Like i said he did a gun we had engraved as an award and it looked great...also did some of my personal guns

Bansheeman6100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    South Austin
    certain laser engravers can do it first pass, the more powerful ones. the weaker ones have to make multiple pass' as i understand.

Top Bottom