• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kizmazz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    houston
    Hey Guys, I have a feeling that there is someone on TGT who might be a Scammer. I found at least 4 ads with different cities and different seller names but they are all the same guy. I am posting my concerns here before someone loses money. He had an ad for a s&w and said he lived in Dallas, another ad for a Colt king Cobra in Jacksonville, Florida and a Colt 380 semi in Seffner, Florida. He offered to ship the gun directly to my house which was an oops! I asked for his telephone number many times and finally got one but it didn't belong to him! I asked him in the emails which I still have why he posts ads that state in lives in different cities. His response was he would getter a better response. Here are the ads that are still running with the Seller names that I found so far. I really hope that no one has lost any money because this guy's story is way too fishy .
    Category: Main > Guns > Shotguns
    Seller Info: likky001

Colt Cobra-polished stainless
    Jacksonville $ 650.00

Category: Main > Guns > Revolvers
    Seller Info: llkiks

Smith & Wesson Model 27 in .357 Magnum
    Dallas $ 950.00

Morgan001 colt 380 auto Seffner, florida

progress.gif
    Texas SOT

kizmazz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    houston
    TGT Scammer

I have sent several emails to David Bradford but he has not responded to mail or telephone.This is why I decided to post it to get immediate exposure

kizmazz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    houston
    It is highly probable that there are many more ads that we have not found. Someone is going to get taken before he is kicked off this site. He gave me Seffner, Florida as his location and a telephone number that was in Sarasota that didn't belong to him. All I can say is BEWARE!

I know it is a free Country but think that TGT should be limited for sale gun ads in Texas only, or there could be two sections where out of town ads could be placed and a Texas Only section.

kizmazz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    houston
    I responded to an ad for A Kimber that was listed as being in Houston and when I received a reply the Kimber was now in Illinois! There was the same story that the ad was there because they purchased a feature ad. Gunbroker has the same ad with the same Kimber but the location is shown as New Orleans! hmmmm we sure have a lot of absentee Sellers. There has to be a better way to monitor who is placing ads

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I responded to an ad for A Kimber that was listed as being in Houston and when I received a reply the Kimber was now in Illinois! There was the same story that the ad was there because they purchased a feature ad. Gunbroker has the same ad with the same Kimber but the location is shown as New Orleans! hmmmm we sure have a lot of absentee Sellers. There has to be a better way to monitor who is placing ads

I replied to the same ad, no way someone was selling a Eclipse for $600 but if they were, I would not argue with them. Turns out, the gun is in Illinois, and she wanted me to mail her a postal money order, are you f'n kidding me?????? Really???? How about I just send you the title to my truck with it?

kizmazz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    houston
    Response To Kimber E Mail

I just know that this is legit! I think I heard Joe Wilson Yell "LIAR"
    I removed her full e mail address
    ----- Forwarded Message ----
    To: kizmazz
    Sent: Sun, October 11, 2009 4:33:30 PM
    Subject: Re: About your ad...Kimber Custom Eclipse II 45ACP

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i paid for a featured ad for my listing to have a quick sale, need cash for husband's surgery asap.[/FONT]

-----Original Message-----
    To: rebennett01@
    Sent: Sun, Oct 11, 2009 6:30 pm

#AOLMsgPart_2_d6691dc0-e685-4c31-b073-664b3006c51e DIV {margin:0px;}If that is the case Why is the same gun for sale on Gunbroker and the location is listed as New Orleans?

To
    : Kizmazz
    Sent: Sat, October 10, 2009 7:36:09 PM

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i paid for a featured ad so i can have a quick sale because i need the cash for husband's surgery, i guess thats why you can see it on there. are you still interested in my kimber?

-----Original Message-----
    To: rebennett01@
    Sent: Sun, Oct 11, 2009 12:04 am

Illinois? 0oh! I thought this site was for Texas .I will never go to Illinois.

Thanks

[EMAIL="rebennett01@wrote"]rebennett01@wrote[/EMAIL]:

> Hi,

> Sorry for my late response, i have been so busy. I still have it and it's in

great condition. I live in IL..let me know when you are coming over to pick it

or i can ship to an FFL dealer if needed, i accept US Postal order only.

> Thanks

> Rebecca

> On 10/10/09, kizmazz > wrote:

> Hello bbjes01789,

> Listing these comments concern:

> Texas Gun Trader. Classifieds - Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols, Revolvers, Ammunition index.php?a=2&b=34207

> Below is an inquiry about your ad. Before You reply to this message, please

double check the "sent from" address. If this Message is from

admin@texasguntrader.com Or noreply@texasguntrader.com do not reply to this

message. The sender either failed to provide an email address or wishes to keep

their email address private. You may need to use the texasguntrader.com

messaging system located at Texas Gun Trader. Classifieds - Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols, Revolvers, Ammunition index.php?a=4&b=8 .

> Is the Kimber still available? I am in Houston, where are you located?

Thanks!

[/FONT]

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Or it could be a snitch being worked by BATFE to entrap normally law abiding gun owners. Ship to your door..... NAH BATFE would never do something like that

Lyte-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    it seems like the scammers have moved from craigslist and ebay to the local forums.

I was looking to buy a car/ truck to keep in Houston @ my house there since I was sick of relying on using my cousins car and I responded to an add for an Escalade.

Suddenly the car wasn't even in Texas it was in CA. No problem guess what I live in CA also and was about to head there in 3 days. The then seller made up some excuse as to why I couldn't view the car in person.

These are just variants of the "Nigerian scam" they basically dupe Americans into thinking that they are hiring them into accepting payments and or packaged (as a job) and forwarding them on to them via western union, paypal, etc...

Dateline MSNBC did a couple specials on these types of scams a while ago.

kizmazz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    houston
    I found another ad as being in San Antonio so I made the inquiry. Guess what? "Please send Postal Money Order and gave me an address in Florida". Was I sleeping when San Antonio was annexed by Florida?

There are Bar Stool Racers for sale on TGT.Do you think we could get a discount if we made a group purchase? Then we could form a league ,have races and have target practice at the same time?

derdek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's funny, I responded to the Kimber ad as well and was given a reply by somebody named "Foday Jawara" saying they live in Silver Spring, MD. And they said they needed money for the wife's surgery. When I didn't bother responding they then tried to chat me up on googletalk.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    GA Precision

Ok, I have to ask if anyone reading responded to the ad for a GA Precision with Leupold scope for $1000. Same deal, send $500 Western Union so I can ship it from Africa, send the rest after. Yeah, I don't think so. I know the good deals get pounced on, so somebody had to reply also.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I know a scam artist from Kenya that slipped into the White House recently. Be careful, they think we are idiots. Don't prove them right.

Top Bottom