• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Have seen commercials that Scheels is opening a new store in the Colony - north of the Dallas area - on April 4th. I don't know anything about Scheels or if they have other stores in TX but looking at their site, they seem to be like Cabela's and Bass Pro. Are their prices like Cabela's and Bass Pro? Bass Pro will have sales with very good prices but they are always sold out as they only have a quantity of 1 or 2 of those products. Just wondering how Scheels will be. Thanks.
    Texas SOT

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Have seen commercials that Scheels is opening a new store in the Colony - north of the Dallas area - on April 4th. I don't know anything about Scheels or if they have other stores in TX but looking at their site, they seem to be like Cabela's and Bass Pro. Are their prices like Cabela's and Bass Pro? Bass Pro will have sales with very good prices but they are always sold out as they only have a quantity of 1 or 2 of those products. Just wondering how Scheels will be. Thanks.

Google is your friend...if you're smart enough to use it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    They bill themselves as the largest sporting goods store in the world.

Climbing wall, archery range maybe? etc. Almost sounds like a Dicks Sporting Goods. I used to take my son to the one in Frisco so he could climb their wall.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    According to the website Scheels opens April 20 but anybody's guess now. Scheels is supposed to have an archery range but no info on gun range.

Rifle Gear is relocating across 121 a couple miles West. I've heard they have maybe a 25 bay gun range.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rasputin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Cave Creek AZ
    I grew up going to Scheels in Great Falls MT. At that time, I think they were mostly in Mt, the Dakotas, and maybe Minnesota. I wouldn't say that they were bargain basement but they always carried good stuff fairly priced. I bought a lot of knives, guns, powder and primers from Scheels. The last time I was in the one in Great Falls, last year, they had everything from bicycles to ski wear and plenty of firearms. They are definitely a friend of the 2nd amendment and sure as hell shouldn't be compared to Dickhead's Sporting Goods.

Top Bottom