• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    My buddy dragged me out of the house yesterday and we went to Scheel's.

First I gotta say this place is amazing. It's HUGE! The prices are actually pretty reasonable and the selection is amazing.

One highlight was in the gun sales area. They have something like the Gun Library at Cabela's.

In it was an amazing pistol. A first year of manufacture Colt 38 Super, in the box, with the hang tag still on the trigger guard. The magazine was still wrapped in paper and all the paperwork was in the box.

Damn, it was an amazing sight to see it.
    Gun Zone Deals

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    i bought some pistol powder and some small pistol primers for about what i would have paid online on Sunday. It is 13.5 mile drive for me to the Colony.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown

17fc89da63b8a1e2cee12b5574ec0b58.jpg

Attachments

• 17fc89da63b8a1e2cee12b5574ec0b58.jpg
      17fc89da63b8a1e2cee12b5574ec0b58.jpg
      20.9 KB · Views: 362

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Info to add re prices.

Overall I thought a lot of stuff was ridiculously high, especially licensed stuff. That said I didnt price lots of stuff as it's just too big.

What I did see...
    Some 9mm ammo for 9.99 a box, not bad. Most premium stuff was decent on price but the in between stuff was too much.

AR ammo generally too high. Good ol demand though I think.

Licensed stuff, i.e. cowboys n college teams way too high 35 dollar hats. Some was ok but I wouldn't buy any of that there.

Their "gun room" stuff that they think is premium used stuff is way too high but not as bad as cabellas. About 200 dollars or more too high on model 28s, I've been shopping so I'm comfortable saying so and a just a tiney bit too high on a nice garand and a carbine. Maybe they leave dickering room I dont know.

Saw some MSRs both pistols and rifles that were a bit more than I would pay but I've seen worse.

Saw a new Glock in the 700 dollars range but couldn't get close enough for details but also say decent used in the 450 range which is average.

Shoes n boots seem high end of normal.

In the end this is a large retail store so YMMV.

I still need a couple trips to really see all the stuff I want to price.

They have nice bronze statues and displays and nice mounts. Not the big cabellas nice but nice all the same. No elephant but pretty much everything else and I did see a giraffe but didnt get close. Lots were head n shoulders or half mounts for the bigger stuff.

I may have a different opinion when I dive a bit deeper.

Top Bottom