• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busdriver72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh, yeah!.................

swiss3.jpg

Before anyone starts yellin' at me, it's a clamp-on scope mount.
    No holes holes have drilled in her.

seattleducati

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Austin
    Although I did add the clamp on mount and scope after I shot it the first time...man those targets are getting smaller and smaller at 100 yards!

K31009.gif

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Last gun show they had many of them, the lowest one was for $230 not a bad price?? I almost bought it. If its still there this weekend Ill buy it. Looks like a nice deer rifle. If I remember right its clip fed?? I wonder what the costs are for reloading that 7.5 x 55mm swiss??

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Last gun show they had many of them, the lowest one was for $230 not a bad price?? I almost bought it. If its still there this weekend Ill buy it. Looks like a nice deer rifle. If I remember right its clip fed?? I wonder what the costs are for reloading that 7.5 x 55mm swiss??
    The bore diameter is .308, dies are about a hundred for Redding, and they are designed for the k31 chamber, brass is the hard part, likely you will have to shoot some Wolf or Privi Partizan ammo to get it. Swiss ammo is loaded with Berdan primers.
    My k31 needs a scope

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    As noted, the Reddings are for the K-31 chamber, which is slightly different from earlier varients. I use the Lee dies for both my K-31 and G-1911, sort of a compromise, but it works for me.

Brass is available from Graf and Sons, no need to shoot factory to get it. I've also formed a lot of .284 Winchester into 7.5x55 when Norma was the only game in town. One pass thru a sizer with a tapered expander does the trick, fast and easy.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    K-31 owner here. I have a lot of Swiss heritage on my father's side of the family, I thought buying one was only natural. Going through some genealogy, it seems as though one of my ancestors made cannons, so I had to buy some for of Swiss armament.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They're also cool for having a "Swiss Army Rifle". The K31 has a fairly large cross-on-a-shield engraved in the top of the receiver. I just thought that was too cool.

y5e06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    I've got two. a '41 and '43, both walnut stock. Home made scout scope mount on the '43. They're both tack drivers with GP11 surplus ammo. great rifles. I try to convince all my gun buddies to buy one.
    (also new to the forum!)

Ruggles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Not yet but I just ordered 180rd of 7.5 Swiss mil surplus ammo online tonight because I am going to get one!

LoneStar41

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Mineral Wells, TX.
    Hello to all,
    It’s good to see there are others who appreciate a quality MilSurp rifle, and the K31 is certainly that. Of all the MilSurp rifles I have owned over the years, the K31 is the class of the field, when it comes to accuracy. Being a caster and reloader, I have found a number of combinations that can be classified as “tack drivers”.
    For those considering reloading for the 7.5 x 55 Swiss, I have found both the LEE and Redding dies perform the reloading task without any issues from either brand.
    I shoot only cast bullets in my K31, and use the rifle for target shooting only, out to 100 yards, with very acceptable accuracy.
    Because these old eyes of mine are not what they were at one time, I scoped my K31, using the scout type setup. I found the scope mount from S&K to be a well made solid platform, for my Burris EER scope.
    My K31 was manufactured in 1942, and while the metal work is in excellent condition, the walnut stock shows dings and gouges that detract from the quality of the rifle IMHO. I have refinished MilSurp stocks before, and after the last one, vowed to myself never to go through the process again. Quite frankly, I just don’t have the patience to do the job right. Currently my K31’s stock is at a stock refinisher who specializes in MilSurp rifles. When the stock is returned, I’ll post some photos.
    Tim

Ruggles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Pics would be great, the stocks on these fine Swiss rifles seem to be the sore spot. Please let us know the cost and outcome of the refinish.

Hello to all,
    It’s good to see there are others who appreciate a quality MilSurp rifle, and the K31 is certainly that. Of all the MilSurp rifles I have owned over the years, the K31 is the class of the field, when it comes to accuracy. Being a caster and reloader, I have found a number of combinations that can be classified as “tack drivers”.
    For those considering reloading for the 7.5 x 55 Swiss, I have found both the LEE and Redding dies perform the reloading task without any issues from either brand.
    I shoot only cast bullets in my K31, and use the rifle for target shooting only, out to 100 yards, with very acceptable accuracy.
    Because these old eyes of mine are not what they were at one time, I scoped my K31, using the scout type setup. I found the scope mount from S&K to be a well made solid platform, for my Burris EER scope.
    My K31 was manufactured in 1942, and while the metal work is in excellent condition, the walnut stock shows dings and gouges that detract from the quality of the rifle IMHO. I have refinished MilSurp stocks before, and after the last one, vowed to myself never to go through the process again. Quite frankly, I just don’t have the patience to do the job right. Currently my K31’s stock is at a stock refinisher who specializes in MilSurp rifles. When the stock is returned, I’ll post some photos.
    Tim

Top Bottom