• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • comanche

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Austin
    I bought this rifle because I knew the Swiss make nice stuff; clocks, ect.
    But, I continue to be impressed. First by shooting it and then by dis-assembly. This is one fine gun at a good price. Mine was made in 1943 and the engineering is remarkable. 1943 and it has a fully-floated barrel under that long stock and hand guard. The trigger assembly is a work of art. It does look like the inside of my Rolex. I could go on.
    It even shot small groups with WOLF!!
    Who has tried these or has one? I can't wait to try some 600+ yard shots.
    Venture Surplus ad

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Great rifle.Did you look under you butt plate?Mine has the soldiers information tag.What is 7.5 running in your town?

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I payed $14.50 for a box of 20 (wolf gold brand).I ordered it from jg sales.I was told it was less at cheaperthandirt.com.

machinisttx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Mine is a 50's production model(can't remember the exact year). I've shot 2" groups at 100 yards with GP11 surplus and the iron sights. They are truly amazing rifles.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have one of these fine rifles myself. They are such great shooters because of the Swiss going to non-corrosive primers long before most. I've shot out to about 300 yards with this rifle and it is dead-on accurate. The fit and finish on them is outstanding, they are smooth as glass. I would recommend rifle grease for the bolt, that's what the Swiss used, and it shows.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    They are around. I see a few at gun shows every now and then. They usually run about $225 or so. I got mine a while back for under $200.

stockFD3S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    Ammo is not at all hard to find as there is a lot of surplus match and commercial ammo on the market. Depending on where you order online, you can get it down to roughly 41 cents a round shipped in bulk.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That caliber is more common than a lot of surplus calibers like 7.65 Argentine, 7.7 Jap,and certainly 8x56R, but not as common as 8mm Mauser or 7.62x54R. I have seen it for about $8 for 10 rounds of Swiss match, or $12-13 a box for Privi new production. The only downside to the Swiss match is it cannot be easily reloaded (berdan primed). It is very accurate.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2008
    Jacksonville, Tx, W.Monroe, La
    Ammo is not at all hard to find as there is a lot of surplus match and commercial ammo on the market. Depending on where you order online, you can get it down to roughly 41 cents a round shipped in bulk.
    Not too hard to find on internet, I got most of mine from Graf's and Dans Ammo. Now have about 5 cases of Swiss GP 11, military ammo which is essentially match grade. The only problem is that it is Berdan primed, Berdan primers are hard to find and not being experienced in this type cartridge, decapping is not easy. Graf's often has 7.5x55 boxer primed brass available, so I stocked up on that when the getting was good a couple of years ago.

My first K-31 was a gun show purchase on a whim in Tyler, Tx from Military Gun Supply of Fort Worth. It was really a sleeper, metal was all good, stock look bad, but a bit of careful scraping revealed a beautiful piece of flame grained walnut. This gun got my interest up so much I acquired a C&R license and got another 5, most at about half the price of the first( no regrets there due to quality of the wood). I then got in on group buy on one of the Swiss rifle forums, and importer a 1911 Schmidt Rubin long rifle, which turned out to be the most accurate of the bunch. Later I found an 1871 Swiss Vetterli, bolt action rimfire repeater in 10.4x54 (41 Swiss) which I converted to centerfire. I make cases from either 348 Win or 8mm Lebel brass, cut down and expanded. This rifle has a tubular magazine using a lifter copied from the early Henry/ Winchester rifles, and has a long striker copied from the old European Dryess needle fire system, but striking a flat piced shaped somewhat like a horseshoe that served as the rimfire firing pin. It's a lot of work to get ready to shoot, but fun shooting a nearly 140 year old bolt action repeater. The only thing lacking on this rifle is a safety.

T3hk1w1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    The Wolf Gold 7.5 Swiss ammo is actually made by Prvi Partisan of Serbia. The K31 is really a great rifle, my first milsurp was a K31 of 1938 mfg, and ridiculously accurate. I even bought an original bayonet for it. Have you removed the metal buttplate? many K31s have a tag located under it with information on who the rifle was issued to.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    I have purchased ammo online from Aim Surplus and also from a Texas company in Brenham named Ammo to go or something like that.

The surplus GP 11 is match grade ammo. The Wolf hunting stuff is good too.

These are great rifles. I put a scope on mine and it holds very tight groups.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom