• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Irritates the heck out of me.

Various people keep complaining that the state has reduced education funding, so the local ISD's have to tax more. They want to the state to pay more, so "the tax burden will be less."

Well, if the state did pay more to the districts where the heck do these people think THOSE dollars come from??

The only place state funds come from is taxpayers. Where do the ISD taxes come from? Taxpayers.

Same source, just different path.

At least when the taxes flow through the ISD, the taxpayers can have a little more influence if they want to do so.

Liberals just keep dragging this issue out, though.
    DK Firearms

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Our local ISD passed a bond last year that won by 1 vote. About four years ago they almost lost their accreditation. Now hey have a multi million dollar bond to mostly finance sports. Not that those programs are state champs either. Really messed up priorities and I get to pay for them. We home school so all of it is robbing me.

I would prefer to not pay at all since we don’t utilize the services. But if we must, how about vouchers so I can send my kids somewhere worth attending.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    In the town of Nederland Texas with a population of 17.4 Thousand, they want to do a school deal for $156,000,000 million Dollars....ouch

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Vouchers is an idea that's been out there for a long time and is the absolute best thing that could happen with education in our country and state. Trump and his SOE DeVos are big proponents of this. People should have a choice in their children's education, whether quality, faith-based or whatever.

Ironically, the ones who would benefit most......the inner cities.......are the ones who are most against it. Of course they like keeping their thumb on the plantation and keeping them dumb. That dickhead De Blasio shut down all the highly successful charter schools first thing when he took office in NYC to placate the unions.

I know some "convervatives" who are in the education business that I've argued about with on this very topic. Their argument is always that private education is about profit. Well, I'll take the place whose very existence relies on success (profit) over the government sanctioned education where success doesn't matter at all.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Two words for why that won't happen: Teachers' Union
    If teachers' unions in Texas were as powerful as people think, then teacher pay would be higher and classloads would be lower. They don't even have the power to collectively bargain or strike in this state. If you want to blame anyone for the current state of education, blame the administrators and politicians.....teachers haven't had much say in it for a long while.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I mean who else is going to pay for a damn near NFL sized stadium for a high school that serves a town less than a 1000 people?

All of these yuppies are out here thinking their kid is going to be the next Joe Montana instead he ends up shoveling shit the rest of his life. High school sports, when taken to that level of grandiosity, are a giant waste of money.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I mean who else is going to pay for a damn near NFL sized stadium for a high school that serves a town less than a 1000 people?

All of these yuppies are out here thinking their kid is going to be the next Joe Montana instead he ends up shoveling shit the rest of his life. High school sports, when taken to that level of grandiosity, are a giant waste of money.

A grassroots campaign stands a chance of getting those type bond issues voted down.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Vouchers is the way to go unless a person wants to dedicate to home schooling which is tops. How to fund the criminals on various school boards I ain’t sure.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    Two words for why that won't happen: Teachers' Union

Vouchers is an idea that's been out there for a long time and is the absolute best thing that could happen with education in our country and state. Trump and his SOE DeVos are big proponents of this. People should have a choice in their children's education, whether quality, faith-based or whatever.

Ironically, the ones who would benefit most......the inner cities.......are the ones who are most against it. Of course they like keeping their thumb on the plantation and keeping them dumb. That dickhead De Blasio shut down all the highly successful charter schools first thing when he took office in NYC to placate the unions.

I know some "convervatives" who are in the education business that I've argued about with on this very topic. Their argument is always that private education is about profit. Well, I'll take the place whose very existence relies on success (profit) over the government sanctioned education where success doesn't matter at all.

The teachers' union is all about profit. Which is fine except that Teachers' union is a big business that doesn't want to compete with charter schools. Monoploy.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Vouchers will never be a thing because that would pretty much mean segregated schools again and that won't be allowed to happen. So you need to bark down a different well.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    Vouchers will never be a thing because that would pretty much mean segregated schools again and that won't be allowed to happen. So you need to bark down a different well.
    The old 'that's racist' argument! Talk about barking. Your argument holds no water.

Top Bottom