• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You guys think these kids haven't played Call of Duty, 1-2-3...they know what guns are how to work them. Prob better then most cops

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA

And when you get shot, you get dizzy till your power is restored.
    Yeah, they may learn about guns and their operation but learn nothing about real gunshot wounds.
    Take 'em hunting if you want to teach them something.
    Hurley's Gold

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    No one asked for a medal. But you seem to like to point out the minute fraction that MAY, not did, but MAY have done something wrong.

But feel free to jump on the cop bashing bandwagon without having the benefit of facts....
    "You" who? I can't recall that I ever posted a bad cop story with the exception of Art Acevedo's anti-gun BS. I rarely even comment on those threads because I know how one-sided news articles typically are.

...or are you referring to "you" as anyone who isn't yourself? Out of the 21,867 members on this site there's maybe 4 or 5 that plain hate cops. The vast majority just hate assholes. Nice use of that broad brush that you dislike so much.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Neither of those 2 options. "You" as in anyone who posts in the manner I described above. It was not a shot at you specifically. Your guess of 5 out of 21,867 is probably a bit low.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I saw a demo of Victory motorcycles for cops. They have a remote release for an SBR ed carbine.

L-Commander-Saddlebag.jpg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Because thumbing a game controller and live fire are EXACTLY the same thing and the only training a cadet ever needed. :rolleyes:

I get into this exact same argument with people. It's hard for me to believe people advocate the position that playing a console video game with guns in it constitutes gun training; especially from someone who supposedly has real ones.

I've seen "Gamers" with guns. It's ridiculous.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Am I the only person who thinks it's a little ridiculous to issue traffic enforcement their own AR-15s?

Oh, and 16" isn't exactly "Full size," but whatever.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Am I the only person who thinks it's a little ridiculous to issue traffic enforcement their own AR-15s?

Oh, and 16" isn't exactly "Full size," but whatever.

I agree. They should have something bigger but that's about all you can squeeze into a bike.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    There seems to be more hen a few options, though I have yet to see them myself.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mot...l=en&q=police+motorcycle+rifle+mount&tbm=isch

I'm all for cops not being outgunned, but how did the kid get access to the gun? It should be secured when he is not present, especially at a school. Did he forget to lock it up? Was he showing it off and failed to clear it? There has to be a procedure to prevent random children from getting access to it? I never left my shotgun on the dash of my Jeep with the top off.

Some of those setups are pretty cool.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'm all for cops not being outgunned, but how did the kid get access to the gun? It should be secured when he is not present, especially at a school. Did he forget to lock it up? Was he showing it off and failed to clear it? There has to be a procedure to prevent random children from getting access to it? I never left my shotgun on the dash of my Jeep with the top off.

Some of those setups are pretty cool.
    No doubt SOME protocol was skipped and I dont doubt that officer is paying for it in one fashion or another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom