• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Ok - Thanks for the insight. That makes some sense to me. I definitely have never had to rely on an AR style platform. To not poop on the thread - carry on. I'd love to add one to my collection.

I have 33 reasons.
    Venture Surplus ad

Texas Denali HD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Irving
    I have a Angstadt UDP-9 with Maxim Defense brace, YHM dual aperture flip-up sights, and a Vortex Strikefire II. Takes Glock mags. Like others have said they're a lot of fun to shoot.

Attachments

• 20200828_165620.jpg
      20200828_165620.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 57
    Last edited:

Jase1125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Dallas
    I am interested in building or buying a 9mm AR. Not sure if I want a rilfe or pistol. I have some experience building ARs, but I know there are differences in 9mm AR, specifically in regards to the magwell. Help me out as to what to order. I have several emails about 9mm uppers on sale right now, so it seems a good time to buy one. Would like to have it use Glock mags. I know a few on here that have them. Help a brother out....

Take a look at Extar EP9. Super affordable and takes standard Glock magazines. Mine has been solid and there are favorable reviews on Youtube. Honest Outlaw reviewed it and liked it. It is not exactly like a AR, but very close. Can’t go wrong for the money. Wife and kid approved too. Great home defense gun IMO.

$450 https://www.extarusa.com/

Juggernaut762

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2021
    Belton, TX
    I'm about to build one as well. I have an extra lower for 223 so looking at a Stern Defense mag well adapter and looking at 8.5" uppers. Watched quite a few videos on 9mm barrel length velocity and after about 9-10 inches velocity seems to only increase marginally.
    Something like this would be good in the way the M1 Carbine was intended, more than a pistol but not a rifle.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I'm about to build one as well. I have an extra lower for 223 so looking at a Stern Defense mag well adapter and looking at 8.5" uppers. Watched quite a few videos on 9mm barrel length velocity and after about 9-10 inches velocity seems to only increase marginally.
    Something like this would be good in the way the M1 Carbine was intended, more than a pistol but not a rifle.
    If the action could be contained inside the receiver, sans buffer tube, like a 22LR AR, they would really be awesome. That's what I've been hoping the PSA JAKL would be, but that project seems near dead.

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    I love the DOE look firearm so years ago bought a Colt overrun and have kept it stashed away.
    Was going to build a clone upper to mount on a registered lower but the prices for this upper now make it a museum piece.
    There used to be cut up US government 9MM ar kits on GB for about $600 but those days are over too.
    So Ive decided to put together a clone DOE upper and see what happens.
    The hot set up is said to use the KYNSHOT RB5007 damper and red Springco spring .
    I want the factory DOE look so am thinking drop in mag adapter and Colt magazines.
    I'll use a Anderson lower to fine tune everything before putting in on an expensive registered lower.

JetJockey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Granbury
    Safety tip: NEVER use a standard carbine weight buffer on your 9mm blow back AR unless you enjoy picking pieces of shrapnel from your face. Many companies make dedicated 9mm PCC buffers. The blow back design requires a much heavier 9mm buffer and/or spring to function safely. Too light of a spring/buffer combination can allow the case to explode outside the chamber sending shards of brass everywhere. I have seen this happen twice at the range. Both times the shooters were wearing safety glasses but their faces were really sliced up.

Juggernaut762

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2021
    Belton, TX
    Safety tip: NEVER use a standard carbine weight buffer on your 9mm blow back AR unless you enjoy picking pieces of shrapnel from your face. Many companies make dedicated 9mm PCC buffers. The blow back design requires a much heavier 9mm buffer and/or spring to function safely. Too light of a spring/buffer combination can allow the case to explode outside the chamber sending shards of brass everywhere. I have seen this happen twice at the range. Both times the shooters were wearing safety glasses but their faces were really sliced up.
    Yes, very important, pretty sure you can see this on YouTube as well.
    I plan on running mine suppressed so I have an 8.4 oz buffer and an extra heavy spring in my cart.

Top Bottom