School me on Fire Sticks

jjkukla

Sep 9, 2013
Richwood
Another roku vote here. Good product.

Re: local channels - I'm an hour South of Houston and my attic antenna gets 60+ channels. Cost me about 30 bucks on amaz. Easy cheesy.

hooper

Jan 19, 2020
Houston Area
Apple TV here. Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, sling etc are all available as apps. Works well and never had an issue. Have used one since they came out 5 or 8 years ago...I lose track. We use an HD antenna for the locals.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Apple TV here. Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Sling etc are all available as apps. Works well and never had an issue. Have used one since they came out 5 or 8 years ago...I lose track. We use an HD antenna for the locals.
I’m a fan of ATV, but Jesus they’re proud of those boxes. We have the service, but not the box. May swap to it next year though if we do more smart house stuff.

DubiousDan

TGT Addict
May 22, 2010
San Antonio
Roku Streaming Stick Plus is probably what you’re looking for.

Here’s every service/channel you can access with it. Note that some are pay services, but Roku’s ecosystem is top tier, second only to AppleTV, but that device costs $140 more.

$40 at Amazon

Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Long-range Wireless and Voice Remote with TV Controls Amazon product
Plugs into a TV’s HDMI port and off you go.
I looked at Roku but it wouldn't work with a streaming service I use so I had to go with Firestick.

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members