Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Interesting info at that link. The school officials have a tough problem to handle.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    People should not buy clothing and good with the American flag in it because it's disrespectful to America and violates flag code. Yes, we have rules about our flag and printing them on t-shirts, beach towels and flip flops disrespectful.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    People should not buy clothing and good with the American flag in it because it's disrespectful to America and violates flag code. Yes, we have rules about our flag and printing them on t-shirts, beach towels and flip flops disrespectful.

Well, maybe. Not really though.

A flag printed on a shirt is nothing more that a picture of the flag. That's like saying you shouldn't have a picture of the flag unless it is hung in a way that conforms to the flag code. Images of a flag are not a flag.

Flip flops, well, stepping on an image of the flag all day......

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX

I'll mostly agree with you, but the American Flag in any respect is acceptable anywhere in the US. It should NEVER be banned period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Sooooooo......that court said that one group exercising Free Speech could cause another group to become violent?

Why is is that Liberals seem to be the ones resorting to violence when they don't get their way?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Think it went the wrong direction, ban Cinco de Mayo and celebrate American holidays, here, in America. Problem solved.

Me too... I wouldn't necessarily agree with it such a decision, but why not ban ALL displays of flags? (I suspect I know the answer though)

Sooooooo......that court said that one group exercising Free Speech could cause another group to become violent?

Why is is that Liberals seem to be the ones resorting to violence when they don't get their way?

Violence? They haven't a clue.
    Liberals, especially Progressives, are short on the long view. They just don't see what the ultimate result will be to their incessant pushing and taking from a class of American's who they are shoving to the fringe and who will eventually strike back at them, not with protests and empty threats of a beat down, but with calculated attacks and a complete cutoff of their government resources. And believe me, the majority of them are in no position to defend anything.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Liberals resort to violence because they're mentally deficient and expect everyone to believe as they do. Otherwise, they'll try to make them believe by beating it into their head.

Too bad that doesn't work the other way round. Smacking a libiturd asshole up along side the head with a 4 x 4 will only damage the 4 x 4 and do nothing to the brain-dead libiturd.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Eh, what else can the public schools do, practically? Especially the shartholes that are California schools? They're stuck having to be overcautious to prevent any more Columbines and Sandy Hooks. If you don't like it, pony up the cash and the gumption to send your kids to private school or home school them.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Lost me on the reference to crazies perpetrating senseless isolated crimes in relation to anticipating racial tensions/violence predicated by embracing every culture but ours. How does one correlate to the other?

Last edited:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Because crazies that dwell on racial tensions are every bit as motivated by violence as crazies of a different ilk? Again, public schools have to worry about these things and unless you're on a board of educators, you're probably not going to relate, either. Or do like my dad and teach in Dallas ISD schools for awhile (specifically, North Dallas High and South Oak Cliff) and that might change your opinion, as well. Living out in the country or where it's nice and safe isn't the same as the inner city areas of most major metropolitans.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So we probably shouldn't fly the flag in front of the school either, or have one within sight of the school for that matter. Wouldn't want anyone to get offended.

Citizenship has nothing to do with race......

Last edited:

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i agree with younggun re: images of flags

it's a sad commentary on today......the flag and everything it represents is the reason WHY those kids can celebrate their heritage

just shaking my head at the whole thing

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I hear you, my first wife was a teacher in the public school system. Well that and I'm capable of rational thought, don't need to be a butcher to cut my steak. Was just askin' how you correlated the two though Columbine and Newtown both have a population around 27-28K. No worries, went off a bit before my coffee this morning too.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I haven't had an adequate amount of coffee, either, heh. No direct correlation beyond the school system trying to eliminate any and all impetus for violence as much as possible, no matter how much it rankles, due to incidents like Columbine and Sandy Hook having happened in the past. The schools are merely concentrating on eliminating that result and not questioning the motives behind those incidents.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I haven't had an adequate amount of coffee, either, heh. No direct correlation beyond the school system trying to eliminate any and all impetus for violence as much as possible, no matter how much it rankles, due to incidents like Columbine and Sandy Hook having happened in the past. The schools are merely concentrating on eliminating that result and not questioning the motives behind those incidents.

Therein lies the problem - one-size-fits-all, zero tolerance, ban it all groupthink.

Top Bottom