Lynx Defense

Scientists reject Biden over Trump because of - Science?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    I do think that solar is much better alternative energy source that wind power. I think that solar is a good source for supplimenting other energy sources.

I have several buddies in CA that have panels on their house, with Tesla Powerwalls. It made sense for them to install because of all the tax breaks. For someone who wants to live off the grid & lives in a sunny place, I think solar is awesome.

Wouldn't make sense from a cost perspective in Houston without some huge gov't subsidy.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have several buddies in CA that have panels on their house, with Tesla Powerwalls. It made sense for them to install because of all the tax breaks. For someone who wants to live off the grid & lives in a sunny place, I think solar is awesome.

Wouldn't make sense from a cost perspective in Houston without some huge gov't subsidy.

I think solar has it's place and is a viable energy alternative for some people, in some applications.

But, I don't think that having huge solar farms for all of our energy needs is a good idea though. Would be very similar to many of the large wind turbine farms. Takes up way too much valuable land to have them.

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    I think solar has it's place and is a viable energy alternative for some people, in some applications.

But, I don't think that having huge solar farms for all of our energy needs is a good idea though. Would be very similar to many of the large wind turbine farms. Takes up way too much valuable land to have them.

This should be obvious to people, but apparently isn't. You need lots of space, and you need a place with lots of sun, and you need to keep the panels clean, and you need to replace them every 20 years, and ... and ... and the list goes on & on.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    There is a solar farm near East Bernard, damn thing is a waste. The panels are "constantly" broken (I drive by this at least once every 2 weeks), the ability to track the sun is useless when the panels cannot move. IMO what a huge waste of money, probably cheap Chinese junk. When it was being built, cheap labor was installing it, if it is anything like the shoddy homes being built by similar labor, it will not last long.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas

Land and materials to build the panels etc.
    The petroleum industry is fine the way it is and climate change is a crock of shit. A Tesla coil or Nuclear energy is the only truly better choice. Don’t forget where all your plastic and pharmaceuticals come from too...

Top Bottom