• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetiking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    I am looking to add a new scope on my AR and this time I want the benefit of a far away range with a nice scope but I have seen others mount a reflex sight on top of the scope in case they need to shoot things that are closer.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Do any of you have this type of setup or something similar ? I would be curious to know that you put together and even if a picture of the setup if you don't mind.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I find the magnifiers for red dots far to expensive. [/FONT]

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    They are very heavy. I My personal opinion is that they are better for weapons that have a scope for longer ranges.Scopes like 2.5-10, 4-16, 6-24, 5-25, etc. For an AR that is going to do work at 500 and in, a 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, or 1-8 is more ideal. Lower profile, lighter weight, and does everything you need in one package. Put a cat tail on one of these scopes, and you can quickly zoom in or out without taking your eye off the scope. These scopes are easy to use at both distance and close in.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am looking to add a new scope on my AR and this time I want the benefit of a far away range with a nice scope but I have seen others mount a reflex sight on top of the scope in case they need to shoot things that are closer.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Do any of you have this type of setup or something similar ? I would be curious to know that you put together and even if a picture of the setup if you don't mind.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I find the magnifiers for red dots far to expensive. [/FONT]
    So red dot magnifiers are too expensive but you still want a scope and red dot for less than that?

I are confused.

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    Is this what you're talking about? Vortex diamondback 4-12 x 40. PEPR mount. Fastfire III on top. Crappy pic. AR15.jpg

Top Bottom