• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimshaddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2023
    South Austin Texas
    Before I go surfing at Optics Planet, I thought I'd see what folks here have to say about the "best" scope for a vintage Marlin 22?
    My eyesight is AWOL so glass is mandatory these days but the space to hang rings on this thing is limited to say the least, which complicates things a tad.
    Any 22 long rifle drivers have scope tips?
    Capitol Armory ad

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I only shoot out to 100 yards. I have a 2-7 leupold rimfire scope that I really like. I had a vortex 2-7 rimfire scope and it wasn't bad but not as nice as the leupold

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    For a rim fire, any scope will work fine. I have a cheap 3x9 centerpoint scope on my .22 rifle and been running it for 3 years without any issue. Yes, I have banged it around and had the rifle fall over and hit the ground pretty hard and it has stayed zeroed. Unless you plan on doing some precision competition shooting, no need in buying a high dollar scope for a 22 rifle.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    For a rim fire, any scope will work fine. I have a cheap 3x9 centerpoint scope on my .22 rifle and been running it for 3 years without any issue. Yes, I have banged it around and had the rifle fall over and hit the ground pretty hard and it has stayed zeroed. Unless you plan on doing some precision competition shooting, no need in buying a high dollar scope for a 22 rifle.
    I AGREE MOST RIMFIRESDON'T SEE THE SAME AMOUNT OF RECOOOIL THAT CENTERFIRES DO

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    What distance and what price are impirtant considerations. MOA or MILS?
    For 100 yards or more, I use the Athlon Talos line. Either 3x-12x or 4x-16x mil dot scopes.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I think on of the most important aspects of a rimfire scope is the parallax distance. Well atleast important to me

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Big problem withe the Marlin model 60 is the cast receiver rail. actually just a groove on the sides. I had to JB some roll pins into the grooves to prevent scope ring movement. Clamping down hard will deform the receiver and cause cycling problems. IIRC it's a burris 3x9.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    If you don't care about it being "period appropriate", check out the Konus line. I swear by them for about the last 10-15 years.

Slimshaddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2023
    South Austin Texas
    Talos and Konus look good, the question with any/all modern scopes is how to mount them to this unfriendly rings receiver rifle.
    That probably would have been a more legit question, what rings will fit?

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Short range money, long range shooting..of course.
    The SWFA super sniper line is good, around $300, not made in china. They have variables and fixed powers, i wouldn't go above 10x

I am about to buy a Bushnell engage 2.5-10 for an SPR 5.56, but the few I've looked through were quite nice and would do well on a rimfire

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Talos and Konus look good, the question with any/all modern scopes is how to mount them to this unfriendly rings receiver rifle.
    There are about a gizillion 1" rings for a 3/8" dovetail on the market. Anything from cheap to expensive.

Google is your friend.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have not tried the Konus, but I have several Talos and Argos models. I really like the BTRs, both FFP and 2nd FP. For the ones with 1 inch bodies, yes you can get 3/8 rings for them. I am not aware of any 30mm rings for 3/8 scope mount. But you can get an adapter on Amazon for about $12. I have several and they work well and only raise the scope height about a quarter inch.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom