• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hey guys, my wife was nice this year and has ordered a scope for me for Christmas.

My question is this. Would this scope mount be worth it, quality wise, or is there something that would be a better application? It will be going on a Flat Top upper with fixed front sight post until I get cash to change it to a flip up gas block.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    B Square? mmmm I'm 50-50 on their products I had a B-square weaver type rail on my Buckmark that worked pretty well, but then had some B-Square mounts on a Mauser that were absolute CRAP.

Frankly I would pass and maybe get some Burris XTR rings, or after you get your front sight converted get a Larue mount.

c_m_shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Paradise

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The scope mount you are looking at seems very tall. I would recommend taking the gun and scope to a gun shop and pick out some rings. With that scope, I am guessing you are looking for longer range shooting. It is hard to get a consistant cheekweld with rings that tall, and it is not very comfortable. At a store, you can try out different heights, and see what is comfortable. Also, the front sight may not be an issue. Some scope combinations will "see through" objects that are in the field of view but very close.

Top Bottom