• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Put a brand new Bushnell 3X9 scope on my Ruger 10/22. With it set on 3X sighting in was a snap. I started about 30 yds. from target. I got a real bargain and I love the scope.

Heres the rub or question : I backed off to 50-60 yards and twisted the power to 9X and it shot quite high on the target, moved it down to 5X and still shooting high but not as much, back to 3X and right on the
    bullseye, is this normal ? I probably would never use the higher settingts but somehow I thought that it should be right on on any power of magnification. I have had many scopes but never a variable power so somebody tell this dummy what the score is ?

I'll keep the scope even if 3X is the only view I can use.:banghead:
    ARJ Defense ad

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    "Less expensive" scopes are notorious for that sort of thing. Is it one of thier lower end lines? Bushnell Banner series seems to be, in my opinion, as low as you want to go with thier brand. They have a lower end line, but I cant remember what it is. My advise with that scope would be to pick a power and stick to it.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The scope should not be moving it's POI with a shift in magnification.

I would look into the new Redfield scopes being built by Leupold if you want to replace it.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Thanks, I appreciate the information. Explains why a particular Brand Name scope was advertised as a .22 scope and at a real bargain price. Will use & keep it on 3X and live happily ever after !

Top Bottom