• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Anyone use Bushnell optics? I'm looking at a trophy xlt 4-12x40 with the doa reticle for my 30-06. Just wondering what everyone thought of them

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!
    Gun Zone Deals

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have 2 bushnell sportsman 4-12x40. They have been great. One is on a .243 the other was on a 25-06. They both held up great. I moved one to a .50 bmg and it has about 3 moa of verticle movement but that's pretty good for an $80 scope. Horizontal is holding within 1 moa. Don't have any experience with the trophy line but the sportsmans seem well made.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I have a Banner on my Marlin Model 60. My wife has a Bushnell on her NEF 25-06. She likes it and is dead on at 100 yds.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    ive got a bushnell on my 243. 3-9x40 red/green crosshairs. it's a great scoop for the money.

Mind you I have trouble with scopes. most of them get caught in my grey area (between where I do and dont need my glasses) but for some reason I dont have this problem on this particular scope.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well my 30-06 has a reputation for destroying cheap scopes. I've been through the pronghorn that was on it when I bought it, and a tasco before I got the Leopold that's on it now. The problem with the Leopold is It's got fine cross hairs and It's a fixed power 7.5. My main concern OS the Bushnell being able to handle the recoil.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Bushnell makes good, but not great scopes.

I think they are no longer made in the United States of America.

Leupold makes plenty of great scopes at a much higher price point, with more options from magnification to reticle patterns than almost any other scope maker.

Not one Leupold ever failed me under any condition (rain, sleet, snow, heat, humidity, etc.).

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    See mine has been dropped and banged on everything it could be and It's still going. But I don't. Want to spend $300 on a new scope. But It's looking like a Weaver or a Leopold rifleman or even a Nikon 3-9x40 instead of a 12 power. But the choice to move it from 3 to 9 power instead of being stuck at 7.5 power.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    See mine has been dropped and banged on everything it could be and It's still going. But I don't. Want to spend $300 on a new scope. But It's looking like a Weaver or a Leopold rifleman or even a Nikon 3-9x40 instead of a 12 power. But the choice to move it from 3 to 9 power instead of being stuck at 7.5 power.

Cheap out on optics and you'll never see what you're missing.

Tapatalk sent it.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That's my way of thinking. One of my bosses thinks I'm crazy he puts BSA on everything and they hold up for him. I just haven't had that kinda luck with this rifle.
    EDIT: I also heard that Bushnell had really duped there game that's why they're a cheapo being considered.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Bushnell makes good, but not great scopes.

I think they are no longer made in the United States of America.

Leupold makes plenty of great scopes at a much higher price point, with more options from magnification to reticle patterns than almost any other scope maker.

Not one Leupold ever failed me under any condition (rain, sleet, snow, heat, humidity, etc.).
    ^ This.

Nikon makes some very good scopes that compete very well with Leopold.

Check on Amazon.com - you'd be surprised how competitive stuff like rifles scopes can be on there.

Added: After I posted, I see shortround added a bit about Nikon.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have a bushnell banner as well....on one of my 10/22s. It does really well on that rifle and potentially others. My 280 has a Leupold vari x3 but that's my puttin' meat in the freezer gun . I think the "get what you pay for" rule is prevalent with optics.

Top Bottom