• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Any suggestions regarding a scope for an M1A?

Any wisdom based on past experiences (good or otherwise) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

B4Infantryman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    El Paso
    Hard to beat a Leupold Mk4 for price/durability/performance. Leupold offers alot options as well. Im partial to them because in our sniper section we have an m14 that needed an optic and an email to leupold was all it took and they sent me a mk4 3.5-10 scope, 12-40x60 spotting scope, a set of rings, and even threw in some hats...for free! They have great customer service and as they have proven to me, they support our troops. We also use Leupolds on our M107's, M24's, and M110. They are a quality scope for sure. Other scopes id recommend are US Optics, Nightforce, IOR Valdata, and Schmidt and Bender. It all just depends on your intended use and how much you wanna spend.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Depends on what you want to spend.

I second pretty much everything that B4Infantryman said, Leupold makes a good product that is 90% of what you get in a Schmidt & Bender or Nightforce. If the extra 10% is worthwhile to you, or if you are taking extremely long range shots (800+) I would opt for the better glass with any of the names above.

US Optics, Nightforce, Schmidt & Bender, etc. are all world class scopes, and you can notice a difference.

mmay1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I don't consider my 16" SOCCOM M1A a long range rifle, though it may be capable of longer range accuracy. I put a Burris 2.75 fixed power scout scope on mine.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    I just got this Millett w/ mount in the mail today and I'll be mounting it on my SOCOM16.
    millettar15.gif

Top Bottom