• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Any one got advice on my tapper crimp question?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It is pretty difficult to deform a bullet with a taper crimp. Eventually, you will get a feel for it and if the bullet does not set back in the cartridge case in a semi-auto magazine fed gun you are good to go.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Made another good find yesterday. Checking the little shop in downtown Round Rock I found a pound of IMR 4895. Seems to be a very historied old rifle powder. From what I see this stuff works great in almost any bottleneck case I throw it in : ) Now I just need case trimming stuff and a 223 die set with full sizing die and maybe a new powder measure (I hear mixed results on the lee auto disk with stick powders and haven't done a personal test yet since I don't have the double disk kit yet)....then I have to find some damn boolits for 223 ><

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    Do you know what shipping cost is from extreme

I have only placed one order with them so far, for 500 9mm & 500 45acp bullets, but it was free shipping. Looking over their site and running through the order process again, free shipping seems to be the norm for them.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Many thanks, fired my first 6 test loads, 9 each of 6 loads, in thirty years wed, suprisingly still have all ten fingers. 700 more ready to load.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Made another good find yesterday. Checking the little shop in downtown Round Rock I found a pound of IMR 4895. Seems to be a very historied old rifle powder. From what I see this stuff works great in almost any bottleneck case I throw it in : ) Now I just need case trimming stuff and a 223 die set with full sizing die and maybe a new powder measure (I hear mixed results on the lee auto disk with stick powders and haven't done a personal test yet since I don't have the double disk kit yet)....then I have to find some damn boolits for 223 ><

Its crazy how components have become not only rare, but expensive. I bought an 8 pound jug of 4895 about 4 years ago for $85 at a gun show. These days the gun shows are the most expensive outlet.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Found 3 lbs of HP38 at Cabellas today. 21 bucks a lb was really really nice, good bit cheaper than I got its twin brother (w231) for. With 4.5 lbs of basically the same powder I'm now set for over 10k bullets with my 3.0gr 231/38 over Bayou 150gr SWC bunny fart loads. Thats probably enough to last me about 2+ years at the rate I'm shooting 9mm :cool:

Also picked up a Hornady digi scale with a calibration weight so I have two reference points (both seem to be calibrated exactly the same so I'm happy and now have something a bit quicker than my Lee Safety Scale).

Top Bottom