• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Is this for 5th combines or ignore list cred?

I already got ignore list cred here. I'm even a prime number.

Oooh, I could be a prime number on 2 different lists!
    Hell no! I don't ignore people whether I agree with them or not. I'm always interested in what people have to say, especially those I disagree with. Ignoring is for pussies (young felines).

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    He originally had my name misspelled to that of a racial slur. Guess a mod changed it.
    Interesting. I've seen other people post the same word without the mods editing it. You didn't go sniveling to them and complain did you?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Ok, back on topic.

Question for the legal eagles on here.

Do you think this ruling will have any effect on the 'Border Search Exception' that allows federal agents to conduct suspicionless search and seizures within 100 miles of the border without probable cause or warrant (which includes complete searches of any and all electronic devices from cell phones to laptops)?

Probably not as the same court upheld those on other grounds. Would be interesting to see a new challenge, though.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    SCOTUS on the right of privacy ruling on warrantless cellphone searches.

"We cannot deny that our decision today will have an impact on the ability of law enforcement to combat crime,” the chief justice wrote, but concluded: "Privacy comes at a cost.” Justice Roberts

SCOUTS on the right to keep and bear arms.

"The overarching reason is that Abramski's reading would undermine — indeed, for all important purposes, would virtually repeal — the gun law's core provisions," Kagan wrote. "The twin goals of this comprehensive scheme are to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and others who should not have them, and to assist law enforcement authorities in investigating serious crimes. And no part of that scheme would work if the statute turned a blind eye to straw purchases — if, in other words, the law addressed not the substance of a transaction, but only empty formalities."

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Only considered ever putting 1 person on the ignore list, and it wasn't because I disagree with the person.

Besides, if I put someone on ignore because they piss me off I'd just click and read their crap anyways.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom