• ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    About the Scout name. Very cool!

About an off road EV that will never see the off road other than a dirt or gravel parking lot I am LMFAO at the the concept. On the bright side for them Kudos for playin.

Hey, an off-road EV is a great idea...

...as long as you remain within a few miles of a charging station and don't attempt to drive it over rough ground or steep inclines...or drive it through water...or attempt to tow anything...

The new Hummer EV is supposed to be “off-road capable”…maybe like a tank, the damn thing weighs nearly 10k lbs
    Capitol Armory ad

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Site is just ads. 'we're going to make one'. Production to start in 26. Probably made in USA? Yup, investor material. With the VW stock bump in 20, and the advanced planning for a possible new product, yup, timing about right.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    i'm pretty sure som of the investment is going to be spent obtaining the trademarkewd name scout from international havesterand tghere is still a cult following the ih scoutsiirc ih stopped making the scout and their pickup trucks in the early 1980's

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    i'm pretty sure som of the investment is going to be spent obtaining the trademarkewd name scout from international havesterand tghere is still a cult following the ih scoutsiirc ih stopped making the scout and their pickup trucks in the early 1980's

I'd hope VW would have the rights before spending all that money on a slick website and marketing.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I believe VW already has bought Navistar, which owns the rights to international and scout.

The pick ups and travelall‘s ended in 1975, the scout II’s last year production was 1980.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    If it was:
    Gas powered
    ,Manual tramsmission
    Body on frame
    Sans electronic crap

I would be interested.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We aren't the targeted consumers anyway...............

But if it came with M2 mounting provisions..............

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Had one back in the late 60's as my service vehicle when I had a 3 bay gas station.
    Had a small cab and a small bed in the back for my starter unit and of course a snow plow. LOL
    It was a great little work horse.
    Soled it to a friend when I got out of the business.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    The website seems sketchy as in less than forthcoming.

I like the modern rendition honoring the shape of Scouts gone by but, honestly, I hope I die before being regulated to buy an EV.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still have 2 scouts and a travelall (ih’s version of a suburban). I love these vehicles and still try to go to the national show every year when I can. I will probably pass on the VW version of it, no interest in a new vehicle.

Just a sidenote, no Scout or travelall ever came with a cigarette lighter, IH referred to them as cigar lighters.

IH was actually on some leading edge of technology

Anti skid rear brakes in 75, primitive fiber optic dashboard lighting system in 1975

The scout 3, that was supposed to come out in 1981 was all fiber composite body panels.
    <>

I’m a devoted Old JEEP’er; but I once had a very unique IH Scout-II.

This 1974 Scout-II had been factory “custom-built” for some unnamed West Coast vip. It had a tailored interior of a Buick limited, cut pile carpets, brocade seats, leather, etc. but was in light yellow/white paint & tan/gold interior.

I believe it had some suspension mods & very expensive tires. Engine was the 345cid from their larger trucks.

Its main problem was the byzantine “California mandated” fuel tank lines and venting. Sadly, the lines were not “color-coded” nor numbered.

Somehow it wound-up at the Corpus IH Dealer with about 1,800 miles on it, not a scratch.

I had friends with the early Blazers & Bronco’s; the Scout was head-&-shoulders better in every way.

All three, plus the old JEEP “Grand Wagoneer’s” got terrible gas mileage. Back then & there, gas was very cheap; so cost wasn’t the issue, RANGE was. When running US 77 or 281, Corpus to Lower RGV, about 160 miles, I always had to stop once to refuel.

The Scout was way ahead of its time, comparatively. For instance, there was a centralized fuse & breaker panel. Another was a 2-piece tailgate/window with a flat fold “flip” rear seat. IIRC, the entire operation was a one-hand deal. Riding/Driving was much better than any of its contemporaries.

leVieux

Top Bottom