• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Knew a couple families that had one. I always thought they were cool but I’m out on the electric.

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Just a 'asking for investment money' web site. Yup IH made the scout. Neighbor has a couple and rebuilds them.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Drum up the investment capital. Sell franchises to dealerships. Make a half dozen prototypes for the NADA Auto Show. Drum up more investment $, and gone.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I don’t think the site is for getting investor money.

Plenty of people buy/sell/own VW stock, and the Scout program is funded…they just need to start selling, and that will likely happen in VW dealerships.

Scott Keogh is heading up the brand, he used to be my client in a past life. He’s been the CEO of Audi USA and VW USA, so they’ve got their heaviest hitters working on the brand.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I don’t think the site is for getting investor money.

Plenty of people buy/sell/own VW stock, and the Scout program is funded…they just need to start selling, and that will likely happen in VW dealerships.

Scott Keogh is heading up the brand, he used to be my client in a past life. He’s been the CEO of Audi USA and VW USA, so they’ve got their heaviest hitters working on the brand.
    I did not know that, interesting.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure how I feel about VW bringing this brand back to life…

<>
    I had a 1974 ‘’Dealer’s Model’’ Scout-II w/ the big V8 and loved everything about it except the fuel burn.

But, I don’t want anything to do with any ‘’all-electric’’ vehicle.

Just bought a new JEEP ‘’Gladiator’’; the electronic gizmo’s are awfully problematic !

leVieux

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I still have 2 scouts and a travelall (ih’s version of a suburban). I love these vehicles and still try to go to the national show every year when I can. I will probably pass on the VW version of it, no interest in a new vehicle.

Just a sidenote, no Scout or travelall ever came with a cigarette lighter, IH referred to them as cigar lighters.

IH was actually on some leading edge of technology

Anti skid rear brakes in 75, primitive fiber optic dashboard lighting system in 1975

The scout 3, that was supposed to come out in 1981 was all fiber composite body panels.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I rode in an IH Scout a long time ago. It was utilitarian to say the least, like a Yugo.
    I still have 2 scouts and a travelall (ih’s version of a suburban). I love these vehicles and still try to go to the national show every year when I can. I will probably pass on the VW version of it, no interest in a new vehicle.

Just a sidenote, no Scout or travelall ever came with a cigarette lighter, IH referred to them as cigar lighters.

IH was actually on some leading edge of technology

Anti skid rear brakes in 75, primitive fiber optic dashboard lighting system in 1975

The scout 3, that was supposed to come out in 1981 was all fiber composite body panels.
    Being innovative, it sounds like if Scout had continued on it's own, it might be introducing electric models about now...

Scouts need to be quiet, and one thing you can say for electric, it is quieter than IC.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    About the Scout name. Very cool!

About an off road EV that will never see the off road other than a dirt or gravel parking lot I am LMFAO at the the concept. On the bright side for them Kudos for playin.

Hey, an off-road EV is a great idea...

...as long as you remain within a few miles of a charging station and don't attempt to drive it over rough ground or steep inclines...or drive it through water...or attempt to tow anything...

Top Bottom