• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmcn762

That guy with the milsurps
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Pflugerville
    Got out to the range a while back to test out my new SDS Lynx 12. This is a Chinese clone of the Russian Saiga 12 shotgun that should be parts interchangeable, meaning there is a decent amount of aftermarket parts to choose from.

Only thing I did to it was wipe it down, (this thing was drowning in oil in the box), lube the bolt, and slapped a cheap Bushnell red dot on top. Left the gas setting where it was from the factory, which in this case was full open, to give it the best chance of success.

At the range I tried 5 different brands of shells, all birdshot.

• Remington Gun Club 1200fps, 1 1/8oz x25
    • Winchester white box 1200fps, 1 1/8oz x25
    • Aguila Standard 1200fps, 1 1/8oz x5
    • Winchester AA Diamond 1350fps, 1 1/8oz x5
    • Remington Express Long Range 1330fps, 1 1/4oz x5
    All functioned great surprisingly, I was expecting to have issues with the cheaper stuff. Out of the 65 rounds fired, I had 3 FTEs and 1 round that needed a little help going into battery in the first 15 rounds. After that it functioned 100%! Man this thing is fun.

The higher velocity shells obviously gave a decent kick with the gas full open, but the standard velocity rounds were not bad at all. I suspect after shooting a couple hundred more, this thing will cycle just fine on a gas setting or two lower.

I also since picked up one of their clear 10rd mags and ran probably 50 more rounds through the shotgun, mag seems to need more breaking in. After a few runs it still doesn't like to chamber the first few shells. Other than that works fine. 5rd mag working 100%.

Added a surplus bakelite AK pistol grip and it fit perfect.

Overall 4.5/5 so far. For the price, I paid just over $400, this is definitely worth it for dicking around at the range.
    Lynx 12.jpg

TLDR: Not bad, shotgun go bang
    Lynx Defense

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I’m glad it worked alright for you. Be sure to check the bolt lug and carrier. I once returned a ddi clone because the carrier would skip off the lug with slugs. Chinese saiga knock offs are sketchy.

thanks for the review.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    The Lynx’s are generally gtg.
    SDS reportedly put a lot of time, effort, and money into the production plant and training factory workers. I have heard the manager who oversees production( an American) spends a considerable amount of time there. All this shows in the end product. Frankly, I’m surprised they are still as cheap as they are.

kmcn762

That guy with the milsurps
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Pflugerville
    The Lynx’s are generally gtg.
    SDS reportedly put a lot of time, effort, and money into the production plant and training factory workers. I have heard the manager who oversees production( an American) spends a considerable amount of time there. All this shows in the end product. Frankly, I’m surprised they are still as cheap as they are.
    Yea I've noticed they're starting to creep up in price. I'm sure they will soar in price next time any import bans come around

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I've only shot mine a few times, but it worked well. I only ran slugs and buckshot through it. No issues. I was surprised by the fit and finish. These are produced at former state owned factory that made AK's and SKS's. It's not like the Chinese have never had experience producing a decent AK. I thought there was an import ban on chinese weapons and ammo. How do these get around that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom