Hurley's Gold

Sean Cody of NFA Gun Trusts is joining us in studio tomorrow...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Got Questions about the proposed NFA Rule Changes? We'll have answers. The show can be streamed live from KSEVRadio.com or catch us locally, 5pm-7pm on am 700, KSEV.

Among other things, we'll also be talking about the latest controversy on the arrests of Open Carry Texas members by DPS.
    Military Camp

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I appreciate the way y'all backed off the Vietnam Vet and let him call them clips (even though that drives me crazy too).

Good show, thanks guys.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Thanks! I could see the guys grinding their teeth in studio but, having put his ass on the line in the name of his country, the man can call them whatever the hell he wants! Didn't mean to step on him about the stretching of the magazine springs but, I started college as a mechanical engineering major and know more than a few engineers working in aerospace, oil&gas, as well as the automotive industry. The fact is, what wears out springs is the number of cycles they go through, not the act of being compressed and left at a given load for any specific amount of time. Springs do take a "set" as a result but, being worn out is a result of the work-hardening that happens as the spring cycles.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Yes sir, sometimes you can be right but it's not worth winning the argument.

So, you have no problem keeping your clips ;) fully loaded?

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Nope, keeping them loaded/charged shouldn't be a problem. I've seen 1911s, Tommy Guns, and even an old M1918 BAR that came out of estate sales that were stored for years with fully charged magazines and they fired every round. Having said this, I do swap out the springs in my carry magazines every quarter, when I cycle out my carry ammo. Some people do six months or a year. I use the interval I use because I carry every day, exposing springs and ammo to humidity and corrosion.

Top Bottom