• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Here's the deal about actors. I care not what their personal or political leanings are. They are entertainment, peroid. Court jesters if you will.

The right to be the arbiter of the truth is not automatically transferred to them cause I paid a few bucks to watch them perform or because they are court jesters. I like seeing seals play ball at sea world too but I dont look to them as the northern star for my moral compass.

As long as they keep their mouths shut and dont lecture me or talk down to me I can enjoy their products. The narcissism and arrogance required to have the nerve to lecture on political social and morality issues from their percieved place on high ruins the entertainment value in an instant.

I like the circus too cause none of those animals talk either.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Forget James Bond, this is how he should be remembered.......Zardoz!

vLt0Nhul.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Here's the deal about actors. I care not what their personal or political leanings are. They are entertainment, peroid. Court jesters if you will.

The right to be the arbiter of the truth is not automatically transferred to them cause I paid a few bucks to watch them perform or because they are court jesters. I like seeing seals play ball at sea world too but I dont look to them as the northern star for my moral compass.

As long as they keep their mouths shut and dont lecture me or talk down to me I can enjoy their products. The narcissism and arrogance required to have the nerve to lecture on political social and morality issues from their percieved place on high ruins the entertainment value in an instant.

I like the circus too cause none of those animals talk either.
    And there you have it.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There must have been a lot of money, drugs, and sex involved in getting him into the Zardoz movie.

Wind and the Lion was a great film that did nothing at the box office but became a cult favorite. Based very loosely on a true story. Legend has it that Reagan watched it the night before authorizing the Grenada invasion. Not a huge situation, but it broke our military out of the post-Vietnam and post-Carter funk.

He was a terrific actor. In my mind, the very best Bond.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Growing older sucks. When you're young things and people seem more eternal. Although I never met Sean Connery, his passing made me think of my childhood and just realized that all those stars I had met when I was a child are gone.

Top Bottom