• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    Was at seaworld over the weekend and was curious about carrying. Did a search online for metal detectors cuz the wife was curious. Found no concrete sources. So left behind the handguns and found no gun ban sign of any kind. The only thing was a bright blue no weapons and rules signs and a security rep opened my wife's purse to check through it. So no metal detectors and no enforceable handgun sign that I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Sea World San Antonio does have 30.06 signs, and they are easy to see. Of course, I go there a lot, and can't remember what I could see the first time I went there.

Mike

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    According to the concealed carry statutes:

A license holder commits an offense if the license holder
    intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the
    authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of
    whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's
    person:

(5) in an amusement park

(1) “Amusement park” means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or
    park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one
    million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with
    access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than
    120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the
    premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private
    driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or
    other parking area

I worked there years ago in Security, and I can assure you SeaWorld meets all of the criteria above. No sign necessary. By law you cannot carry there.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    According to the concealed carry statutes:

A license holder commits an offense if the license holder
    intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the
    authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of
    whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's
    person:

(5) in an amusement park

(1) “Amusement park” means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or
    park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one
    million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with
    access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than
    120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the
    premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private
    driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or
    other parking area

I worked there years ago in Security, and I can assure you SeaWorld meets all of the criteria above. No sign necessary. By law you cannot carry there.

Good Grief. This changed in 1999. Keep reading in 46.035 and you will read where that section does not apply unless 30.06 notice is given. See subsection (i).

Last edited:

Sparsky

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    San Antonio
    If you're walking from the far left towards the entrance they have a sign out with the park rules and 30.06 at the very bottom, but I don't think it's printed in the correct size font etc.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    SeaWorld does have a 30.06 sign posted at the entrance, and does searches to ensure no weapons are brought into the park (Six Flags uses metal detector wands).

As for the sign, it is larger than the minimum 1" lettering requirement and complies with all other requirements under Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(B).

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I went last weekend and saw no signs. There were no metal detectors or pat-downs, though bags were checked. If someone wanted to sneak a gun in it would be simple, but illegal.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    10mm GTG on orca if one attacks?

Last time a whale wanted to fight me I just talked a bunch of shit to him then ran away so he chased me. Then he said, "Wait a second, I forgot I can't run on land!" and fell down all hard. Then I threw all this rotten cow blood from the slaughterhouse on him and watched him get SLOWLY PECKED TO DEATH by seagulls.

The rest, as we all know, is history:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Oddly enough, we just watched a documentary called 'Blackfish,' which "tells the story of Tilikum, a performing killer whale that killed several people while in captivity. Along the way, director-producer Gabriela Cowperthwaite compiles shocking footage and emotional interviews to explore the creature’s extraordinary nature, the species’ cruel treatment in captivity, the lives and losses of the trainers and the pressures brought to bear by the multi-billion dollar sea-park industry.

This emotionally wrenching, tautly structured story challenges us to consider our relationship to nature and reveals how little we humans have learned from these highly intelligent and enormously sentient fellow mammals."

It was interesting, albeit a bit one-sided...

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Oddly enough, we just watched a documentary called 'Blackfish,' which "tells the story of Tilikum, a performing killer whale that killed several people while in captivity. Along the way, director-producer Gabriela Cowperthwaite compiles shocking footage and emotional interviews to explore the creature’s extraordinary nature, the species’ cruel treatment in captivity, the lives and losses of the trainers and the pressures brought to bear by the multi-billion dollar sea-park industry.

This emotionally wrenching, tautly structured story challenges us to consider our relationship to nature and reveals how little we humans have learned from these highly intelligent and enormously sentient fellow mammals."

It was interesting, albeit a bit one-sided...

Yeah. People say I'm extreme because I don't go to rodeos or even Shriner circuses. Maybe if they knew what a bullhook is...

Anyway, I only went to Sea World because my girlfriend bought tickets and would NEVER stop whining if I didn't. Anywhere that thinks it's cool to look through my private shit as a condition of getting inside to have "Fun" is on my boycott list.

Top Bottom