Second Chance Vest?

Discussion in 'Texas Hunting & Fishing' started by D-Day, May 27, 2009.

1. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Do to my past jobs in the security field, I still have two second chance vest. My question is, is it legal to sell them and where do I do it at? Don't know where to post, but survival seemed pretty good.

2. baboon

baboon Well-Known

They list them on ebay all the time. Most list used vest as with no warranty.
    I really can't see buying a used vest unless I personally knew it previous owner very well. As taking chances with used body armor aint my idea of where to go cheap on.

3. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I kinda agree, but if the price is right, then it could be a SHTF type of item. Everyone needs one regardless for when the havenots come looking for them. Its either that or scrap it. Just a thought.

4. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I know it's legal. What size is it? How old is it? And how much is it? I might want it.

5. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    If you decide to "scrap" one, lemme know where ya live and what day is trash day :happy0001:, and yes size, type etc... I have one I got used from local PD when they got new ones

6. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    So whats up with that vest?

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    More like need it. He's getting married soon :rofl:

8. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sorry for the delay, I have been working like crazy. I will PM tonight or tomorrow with the specs.

9. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    i would just spend the money on a new one if you are going to be a security guard...vests ability to stop bullets degrades over time and most used ones will no longer stop what they were rated for when they were new.

10. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    A lot of it depends on how they were stored, how often they were worn, exposure to elements etc.

I have shot vests that were over 10 years old wrapped around watermelons and they still stopped every handgun round fired at them.{ I did not shoot a .357 sig or 7.62x25 Tokarev} Look at the vest before purchasing. If it looks sun faded, frayed, or otherwise abused .....pass.

And yes, the melons were beat to hell but did not have bullet holes in them, much like your body will be if your vest is used.