• ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I wanted to post this here too.

I lost my job with an automation company. I did sales and project management.

Im a country guy, so I've got a lot of skills from working cattle, to welding, to purchasing and construction.

Im thinking its time for a career change. I want something stable so my wife and I can start a family.
    DK Firearms

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    W A T E R !!!!!!

Potable & waste, you will never be out of work. Wouldn't surprise me if desalination came to the Gulf coast in the near future as well.

Good luck.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Damn - I wish I could help more - as said in the other thread. Good luck from the tea-sip. Prayers for you bud.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I would imagine that every one of the large plants down there has a building automation system. Look into facilities jobs as they would be the ones that use/control the BAS. Building operators and/or maintenance. Those jobs usually pay OK too.

And as Glockster said.......Water..

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I would imagine that every one of the large plants down there has a building automation system. Look into facilities jobs as they would be the ones that use/control the BAS. Building operators and/or maintenance. Those jobs usually pay OK too.

I see Johnson Controls guys all over the place. They've got at least one current opening for an HVAC guy, but everything I know about getting another job is reaching back out to the people you worked with (customers, etc.) and asking for a referral.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I see Johnson Controls guys all over the place. They've got at least one current opening for an HVAC guy, but everything I know about getting another job is reaching back out to the people you worked with (customers, etc.) and asking for a referral.
    That's what I've been doing. Plus asking you guys. 2 of the guys I used to work with just found out I got fired and called me this afternoon. News doesn't travel fast between the field guys. They just wake up, work, eat, work, go home and get ready to do it again.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Been there and done that. Best of luck to ya!

After I quit teaching, I worked maintenance in two automated manufacturing companies. The money was great but so was the danger.

Flash

Top Bottom