• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I have a motion light that is not working 100% and need a new one. I might add another if the price isn't too high. Anyone know of a "good" and reliable brand that isn't found at Lowes or Home Depot?

Thanks
    ARJ Defense ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I don't think there are many brands that HD and Lowes don't carry.

Are you against crappy lights or big box stores? HD and Lowes carry many different qualities of lights. You get what you pay for.

If you tell us where you are maybe someone can recommend a good electrical supplier or other store to get lights from.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I don't think there are many brands that HD and Lowes don't carry.

Are you against crappy lights or big box stores? HD and Lowes carry many different qualities of lights. You get what you pay for.

If you tell us where you are maybe someone can recommend a good electrical supplier or other store to get lights from.

Over the years I think I have bought every kind they sell. I have one of the LAST good Heath Zenith metal (non strip bulb) motion they had. Zenith quit making them. It cost around $80 new. I wouldn't mind going up a level and buying a brand that cannot be sold at big box stores b/c of price.

Dont hate them they just cant carry them.

Possibly something a bit more industrial tough and reliable. I am still using regular halogen floods 90 watts.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My sister works at an electrical supply store in North Austin that would probably have some better quality commercial and residential lights. I am not too familiar with what brands are better though.

I believe they have multiple locations state wide also.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I found the mfg I had forgotten. RAB gets good reviews and is in the price range for a DIY home owner. I like the lamp that uses one motion but you can parallel up to 1000watts. I may need just one lamp fixture and not two.

Top Bottom