• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

I'm currently looking for a GOOD USED "stovetop" pressure canner of at least 5 gallon capacity.
    (BIGGER would be better. - The one that my Aunt Mary had, but which was "pitched out" after her passing, was over 50 quarts.)

IF you have or know of one for sale, please PM me.

THANKS, satx
    San Antonio 78208
    Capitol Armory ad

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I may be able to help you (satx78247) out with this. Wait while I contact someone. My daughter has something. Too late she just sold it.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    rotor,

NEITHER Amazon NOR Ebay has any USED canners, = IF I had wanted to buy a NEW canner, I would NOT have posted a request here.

yours, satx
    Best of luck finding one. Prices for the new ones of the size you mentioned looked pretty reasonable to me on Ebay. Since you haven't found a used one since posting about one in Feb 2016 I thought a new one at less than $100 might be a good deal. Sorry for wasting your time.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Portugal Craigslist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mp_tx,

FYI, Canners work just as well on stovetops in Portugal OR on Tuscany's seacoast as they do in the USA.
    (Nonetheless, I chuckled when I read your post.)

FYI, a "certain lady", who is near & dear to me, likes to garden/raise vegetables & wants to learn to "put up" some of what she raises. =ONE of the first things that she said when I started talking about retiring OCONUS & finding a house on rural land (I am NOT a "city kitty" & never will be.) was, "WONDERFUL. I want a BIG garden, like 'Granny' had when I was a child. - We always had great fresh vegetables, fresh fruit & lots of pretty flowers, too, back then ."
    (I found her an "old-school guide" from the USDA on "home food preservation" that she has been avidly reading. = On the 2nd day after I gave her the book, she asked me to look for her a good/big canner.)

To paraphrase an old saying: "You can take a girl out of the country but not the country out of the girl." = Her family moved to a BIG city when she was in Junior High.

FYI, she also wants, "----- a horse of my own."

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Best of luck finding one. Prices for the new ones of the size you mentioned looked pretty reasonable to me on Ebay. Since you haven't found a used one since posting about one in Feb 2016 I thought a new one at less than $100 might be a good deal. Sorry for wasting your time.

rotor,

An EQUIVILENT large capacity & HEAVY-DUTY canner (like the ones that were commonplace in the pre-WWII-1980 era) are at least 500-700.oo in 2021 plus S&H.
    (FYI, "the 100 buck variety" that are on Ebay are NOT at all what my lady is seeking, as they are made of thin material & often don't hold pressure well.)

I may be 100% WRONG but I suspect that all of the "old school" canners were NOT "pitched out"/trashed. = IF enough people are asked, I believe someone will have one that they want to sell.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    w.ebay.com/itm/22-Quart-Pressure-Cooker-Canner-Dial-Gauge-Compatible-on-Gas-or-Electric-Stove/362882910241?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&

Amazon product ASIN B01KWZEERC

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    I have a Presto canner and it has worked well for me the past couple of years. The All American brand would be my go to for longterm use. If you do get a used one, be sure to get new gaskets. Best of luck in your search

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I have a Presto canner and it has worked well for me the past couple of years. The All American brand would be my go to for longterm use. If you do get a used one, be sure to get new gaskets. Best of luck in your search

Oldbluered,

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.

yours, satx

Top Bottom