• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

It's NO secret among my friends on-forum that I'm NOT "really fond of" the AR or AK sort of firearms BUT really do like the old-school SKS.

I'm considering "building" a folding stock SKS carbine in 7.62x39mm with 16" barrel, presuming that I can find either a "serviceable" rifle (at a decent price) or a parts kit.
    (The folding-stock carbine that I see in my mind takes AK magazines.)

Note: At the last SAXET show I saw a folding-stock SKS carbine that the owner had in a CONN band instrument (trombone??) case. - The case had room for several AK mags, a cleaning kit & some extra parts. -- I liked his "set-up" very much, as it was quite compact & "low key".

Given a choice, I would rather NOT buy a CHICOM rifle/kit.

yours, satx
    San Antonio, 78208
    Venture Surplus ad

BuzzardBill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2015
    Texas
    Have you considered a bullpup SKS? It is 922r compliant and has less than 100 rounds fired. Has Bushnell red-dot with quick release and flip up BUIS. Quick release sling and front grip as well. Overall length is 30.5" Have both 10 and 20 round mags, plus lots of Sellors & Beloit FMJ ammo. PM or email me if you'd like to discuss

Attachments

• SKS 922 Comp.jpg
      SKS 922 Comp.jpg
      345.2 KB · Views: 88

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Have you considered a bullpup SKS? It is 922r compliant and has less than 100 rounds fired. Has Bushnell red-dot with quick release and flip up BUIS. Quick release sling and front grip as well. Overall length is 30.5" Have both 10 and 20 round mags, plus lots of Sellors & Beloit FMJ ammo. PM or email me if you'd like to discuss

BuzzardBill,

A bullpup is USELESS to me (unless it ejects out the bottom like a ITHACA pump-gun). - I'm LEFT-handed.
    (YES, there was once a bullpup with bottom ejection but the company that built it folded up QUICKLY.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    BuzzardBill,

A
    bullpup is USELESS to me (unless it ejects out the bottom like a ITHACA pump-gun). - I'm LEFT-handed.
    (YES, there was once a bullpup with bottom ejection but the company that built it folded up QUICKLY.)

yours, satx
    The Steyr Aug, as I recall, can eject from either side but I'd much prefer the gun you want to build to one of those monstrosities.

BuzzardBill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2015
    Texas
    BuzzardBill,

A bullpup is USELESS to me (unless it ejects out the bottom like a ITHACA pump-gun). - I'm LEFT-handed.

yours, satx

You're correct, the ejection would be "in your face" for sure with this puppy. Not a problem though as I sold this gun to Full Armour Firearms today and someone will end up with a pretty good deal.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You're correct, the ejection would be "in your face" for sure with this puppy. Not a problem though as I sold this gun to Full Armour Firearms today and someone will end up with a pretty good deal.

BuzzardBill

CONGRADS on the sale.

yours, satx

BuzzardBill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2015
    Texas
    BuzzardBill

CONGRADS on the sale.

yours, satx
    Thanks - I've know James Hillin, the owner, for a while now and he's always willing to negotiate on a buy or sell deal. I'll miss shooting that bubba gun but just needed to start cleaning out the gun safe. Hope you find what you're looking for.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Ya, the gun store you sold it to.

Just sayin.

Glad you're happy with your sale.

Top Bottom