• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

I've found & am buying an Israeli police surplus FEG Hi-Power (a Browning clone out of Hungary) in 9x19mm, that is in at least NRA "Excellent" condition.
    (It appears to have never been issued OR perhaps "issued but mostly carried" but seldom fired, as it shows few signs of use.)
    The grips are some sort of wood (I don't believe that the grips are any sort of walnut.) & can best be described as "unattractive".

Do any of our GREAT members know of a source for ATTRACTIVE/NICE QUALITY wooden grips that will fit the Hi-Power??

THANKS, satx
    DK Firearms

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Amazon product ASIN B001TE5K42

Less than five minutes of searching.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

When I ask for help to find most anything, PLEASE PRESUME that I have already "checked out" ebay, craigslist & the "usual" www search engines & found NADA that was what I wanted.

I'm LOOKING for HANDSOME wooden or real bone grips to go with the handsome Hungarian HI-POWER.
    (I really WANT a set in REAL IVORY grips but cannot afford those @ 350-500 bucks.)

yours, satx

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    To All,

When I ask for help to find most anything, PLEASE PRESUME that I have already "checked out" ebay, craigslist & the "usual" www search engines & found NADA that was what I wanted.

I'm LOOKING for HANDSOME wooden or real bone grips to go with the handsome Hungarian HI-POWER.
    (I really WANT a set in REAL IVORY grips but cannot afford those @ 350-500 bucks.)

yours, satx

I bought a set for a SIG P6, they were very nice. He has some for Hi Powers as well

http://www.marschalgrips.com

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Look to a custom set from a local woodworker/artist or make yourself.

JDD,

SORRY, but I an definitely NOT artistic and/or a talented woodworker.
    (I SHUDDER to consider what my attempt at making grips would look like.)

OTOH, THANKS for the advice on locating a LOCAL ARTISAN. - That I may try to do.

yours, satx.

Reactions: JDD

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Friends,

I've found & am buying an Israeli police surplus FEG Hi-Power (a Browning clone out of Hungary) in 9x19mm, that is in at least NRA "Excellent" condition.
    (It appears to have never been issued OR perhaps "issued but mostly carried" but seldom fired, as it shows few signs of use.)
    The grips are some sort of wood (I don't believe that the grips are any sort of walnut.) & can best be described as "unattractive".

Do any of our GREAT members know of a source for ATTRACTIVE/NICE QUALITY wooden grips that will fit the Hi-Power??

THANKS, satx
    I have a great set of Ebony wood grips(black) and an original Belgian walnut set a little worn but still red backed, a set of fake ivory with the Houston Gun Collectors medallion on one side and a used set of rubber Pachmeyer for shooting. Also lanyard rings and stock iron and beautiful holster. Sold my pre-war Belgian last year

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    FN Hi Power .40.jpg

I bought this set on Ebay about 18 years ago. Have not been able find another set since. If I knew then what I know now....

Top Bottom