• ...and so much more!
  • bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    My son just claimed mine as his first AR and .308. It is made by Armalite and wow what a shooter. I love that it is a rifle and not a carbine.
    IMG_6328.JPG

Zazonkers

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2021
    Fort Worth
    I have only shot one JP, it was smooth and light. I have an LMT and love it. Sub-MOA all day with almost everything you run through it. Mostly proprietary, but still modular. KAC is a nice platform as well, so see if you can get a chance to shoot ‘em before the decision. Good luck!

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    I have a .308 DD Hunter,

It is a solid 3/4 MOA or better weapon with BTHP / OTM Federal 168, 178 (and 185 Berger in particular) are rock solid, particularly the Juggernauts. Berger 185's Juggernauts are shooting ~ 2/3 MOA at 100 yards.
    I have some 200gr Bergers that shoot extremely tight groups but they have to be hand fed as they're too long for the magazine.

Remington UMC 150 gr, a nice round, was reasonably solid at 1-1.5 MOA during different sessions.

Other lighter ammo I've tried (about 20 different rounds), that are less than 150 gr aren't appreciated by this rifle.

On the other side.... Wolf 140gr Soft points came in with a 5 MOA + pattern. If you want a long range shotgun, buy something cheap and use this .... stuff.

The ammo really does matter.

Here's the rifle followed by most of the raw testing data.
    (This data was taken with a 12-17 mph cross wind.)
    DD Hunter .308.jpg
    308 ammo vs MOA 1.png

Last edited:

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I built my own with a cbi barrel in m118 @ 22". A friend of mine was given some 308 ammo for Christmas by his wife and he doesn't own a 308. So I hooked him up with my rifle. He doesn't like 308 for the recoil, instead he has a 7mm/08. After shooting it he said it's softer than his 223. Most were cheap parts except for the barrel and bolt which were on sale. I'll post a pic later. Haven't punched paper yet.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I bought an AR from Ground Zero Precision in 6.5CM. They used Aero Precision upper and a Faxon match grade fluted barrel. I could not be happier with it. Its a fantastic rifle. Recently shot a .448 group with some handloads. They can build one for you in 308.

If you decide to get one from them, be sure to have them install the Epsilon6 muzzle break. Its pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Noreen offers awesome rifles and feedback on accuracy, even with hot barrels is good. I still want the long range assassin.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I bought an AR from Ground Zero Precision in 6.5CM. I could not be happier with it. Its a fantastic rifle. Recently shot a .448 group with some handloads. They can build one for you in 308.

If you decide to get one from them, be sure to have them install the Epsilon6 muzzle break. Its pretty awesome.
    I have several VG6 muzzle devices. They make good stuff.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I went looking around a few shops in SA and Austin Friday and Saturday. Didn't see anything in stock that got me to pull the trigger. Of course every shop told me they could order something as if I couldn't just do that myself. I did look at a 18" S&W M&P 10 which I hadn't originally considered, but it did have left handed features and I have heard good things about their 5r barrels. At a price of only $1200. That sure would leave me with a bunch of money to replace the trigger and free float the barrel. I feel like I have been down that road before though with my DPMS and Aero M5. So many good choices out there, but everything it looks like I will have order and wait 4-6 months. I also won't even get to look at it before plopping down the cash.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Saw this one at Drury's gun shop in S.A, not sure how well it's priced.
    LWRC Repr 7.62

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I decided to follow my old ways. Bought the M&P 10. Atlas S one handguard. Low pro gas block. Timney trigger. Radian charging handle. VG6 Gamma brake. Was already sitting on the Burris HD and Vortex mount. Friend gave me the Bravo stock. I'm waiting for the Magpul PRS lite to come out. Had the upper/lower/handguard cerakoted Tungsten.

Overall I'm happy with it. Cheaper than any of the other rifles by a long shot. Might have to put the saved funds towards a Barrett.

Now to see what it can do...

20210805_103808.jpg

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I went looking around a few shops in SA and Austin Friday and Saturday. Didn't see anything in stock that got me to pull the trigger. Of course every shop told me they could order something as if I couldn't just do that myself. I did look at a 18" S&W M&P 10 which I hadn't originally considered, but it did have left handed features and I have heard good things about their 5r barrels. At a price of only $1200. That sure would leave me with a bunch of money to replace the trigger and free float the barrel. I feel like I have been down that road before though with my DPMS and Aero M5. So many good choices out there, but everything it looks like I will have order and wait 4-6 months. I also won't even get to look at it before plopping down the cash.
    Try haufpaur in Lampasas they have the 10's that's where I got mine

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I decided to follow my old ways. Bought the M&P 10. Atlas S one handguard. Low pro gas block. Timney trigger. Radian charging handle. VG6 Gamma brake. Was already sitting on the Burris HD and Vortex mount. Friend gave me the Bravo stock. I'm waiting for the Magpul PRS lite to come out. Had the upper/lower/handguard cerakoted Tungsten.

Overall I'm happy with it. Cheaper than any of the other rifles by a long shot. Might have to put the saved funds towards a Barrett.

View attachment 270149
    DAMMIT BOY

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

View attachment 270149

What power is the scope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom