• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Suppressors go a long way to keeping things toned down. Heck you may be able to shoot later and never even bother the neighbors.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    No, there are not. The are CLONES, but not AK47s. If he does not even know what the hell he has, why should he expect the cops to?

And I'll be a hard ass if I like, thank you very much.

Take your attitude elsewhere. I don't care to put up with it.

You do not know everything, many imported guns have AK-47, AKS-47, etc. stamped onto the side of them.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    I built a range at my house in NH when I moved there and before I started shooting I went down to the local police station and introduced myself. Told the chief what I would be doing and where. (Southern NH is innundated by liberals) He said boy, you will be driving some of your neighbors nuts (he seemed pleased by that). He then told me, it was legal and safe where I was and if he ever got a call he'd either give me a call to make sure it was me or come join me as he turned out to be a milsurp junkie too. I don't know if he ever got a call but I had one neighbor come over and ask me if the direction I was shooting was safe. I didn't mind a bit and proudly showed him the layout and invited him to try his look at target killing. I did live in an area surounded by hills and one shot sounded like three with the echoes.

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    There's nothing illegal about automatic gunfire if you have the tax stamp. For that matter, you could have a gatling gun that does not require a tax stamp.

I'd call the LEO's every time you THINK you may go shoot. They'll get tired of the calls and tell you not to bother.

.22 caliber Gatling gun:
    10-22gatling.jpg

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    i have seen them marked ak 74 or akm not ak 47. i have to agree with TI i have never seen one in simi auto marked as an ak 47.

A real Russian AK-47 does not have "AK-47" on it. AK-47 was only in production for about 5 years, before being replaced by the AKM in 1953.

As for semi-auto, Norinco imported an AK-47S in the 1980s. This is what Patrick Purdy used.

GGR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Texas
    As its our parent's land they wanted to talk to the Sheriff's office. Our parents were never big on guns, so they wanted to hear from a LEO that its ok. They assured my folks that there's nothing wrong with our gun fire - of course I already knew that. They did recommend calling them prior which I will likely do for now, least til everyone gets used to the noise.

Here's the funny part. The second time the LEOs came out we had a number of airsoft replicas laid out along with the real steel. These weren't walmart knock offs but full metal replicas, with full trade marks, real Magpul stocks, rails, surefires, grip-pods, EOTECHs, and fake cans. Here are some photos we took of our replicas.
    bishop-military-wallpaper-hd-ggr-14.jpg
    bishop-military-wallpaper-hd-ggr-5.jpg
    bishop-military-wallpaper-hd-ggr-17.jpg

We told them when they asked to search that we had some replicas. So four LEOs pull up (two inside the SUV & two on the running boards) with all of these guns and were a little take back. I have a real USP in .40 and also a replica USP in plastic 6mm - and the officer ran the serials for BOTH guns. LOL - I had to keep my fingers crossed cause I had no idea what would come back from a fake 'toy' gun. A couple of times they didn't believe it was a replica until we showed them the wires. But in the end they took our word for it on most of them. At least one LEO got to test fire the Knight's Armament M4 replica. You can't get cheaper ammo then 6mm plastic BBs not to mention I can actually 'train' in my own home without call the LEO! :p

I'd call the LEO's every time you THINK you may go shoot. They'll get tired of the calls and tell you not to bother.
    LOL

There's nothing illegal about automatic gunfire if you have the tax stamp.
    That was exactly what I said.

TrooperKbC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Option #1: Get a Class 2 or 3 Liscense

Option #2: Tell the police you are upset and want to form an agreement to avoid the situation in the future. Usually the police are willing to negotiate if you initiate the conversation prior to dispatch. Like they said, call before going out.

Option #3: Get to know the neighbors. The best way to ease tension is to let them know what to expect. They will likely not call police if they know why there are gunshots in the distance.

Option #4: Open a gun range where the sound becomes familiar enough to not spook people.

Option #5: Sue the PD. They have already performed an investigation. That probable cause has been exhausted. That's almost like double jeopardy. I am not a lawyer, but many are willing to hear your complaint and tell you whether you could pursue legal action successfully.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I'm surprised you didn't request the name of the person making the false report about automatic fire.

Also surprised you didn't ask to see a search warrant. (This is private property and not a vehicle on a public road.)

TexasT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    NE Texas
    Texas investigator is not known for his people skils....

As Posted By Texas Investigator

And you should be careful what you post; I doubt that you have an AK47, which is a select fire assault rifle capable of full auto fire.

Come on TI......with all the great knowledge you have to offer....and did offer some....the AK47 jab seems a little lame. Go check out Gunbroker and see how many AK47s are listed and none are select fire Assualt Rifles capable of full auto fire! Just a common term that hundreds of people use everyday.

TexasT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    NE Texas
    If you find out who's the whinie butt invite them to shoot with you or at least introduce yourself to them...Bake'em some cookies. (or not)
    I live in the country on 11 1/2 acres and have close neighbors and I couldn't give a FLIP what they think about my shooting.
    Or just keep on as you are and see how many times you can get the police to come out to see you this year...Call Guiness.....

cowboy1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Lubbock, TX
    first of all the peace officers are doing there job. call the sheriff office and talk to someone there and tell them where your land is then tell them your situation and why your calling. then tell them what yall are doing out there like just shooting the guns or hunting or both. then tell them that yall have no fully auto weapons. then tell them everytime the peace officers comes out there to check out our weapons and gear to make sure there isnt anything illegal wich there isnt anything illegal and they can verify that with the peace officers that went out there and checked us. i would preciate it if yall would disregard any calls out there refuring to fully auto weapons. because it takes up our time and the peace officers time due to everything were doing is legal. if that dosent work then ask to talk to there supervisor about it. (you might can even put in ill call yall when we go out there so yall well know were shooting) im a criminal justice major be nice about it dont say nuthing to aggervate them

Castrolr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    when they show up next time tell them to produce a warrant and get off the property.. that will smooth things up a bit

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    If someone calls in a complaint about automatic gunfire coming from your property, the LEO's have probable cause to search you, your land and your vehicle. If the police keep showing up, ask them, “at what point does this turn into filing of a false police report?” The complantant knows that you're not doing anything wrong if they've called several times.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Reported machinegun fire or machinegun fire as thought heard by an officer would be called an "exigent circumstance". But, overuse of such would get an officer fired. It would work once, or with a different officer, but if the same officer(s) were the ones reporting to the call, you would have a pretty good defense in a case against you. The problem with that is, you wouldn’t have a case against you unless you were actually doing something wrong. You could file a suit against the department, but the officers would know the slim chances of you actually going through with that.

Top Bottom