• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moist_critical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2020
    webster, Texas
    so my dad just bought me a brand new CZ p10-F for my birthday. and as much as i love feel of this gun.. i really don't think I need another full size pistol. I already have a glock 19 and a Steyr A2 MF. but I don't know anything about getting the right value. any suggestions? should I keep it ?
    Hurley's Gold

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I would keep it for a few reasons:
    A) It's a damn good gun!
    B) Since it's a gift from your Dad, it means more than something you bought yourself, and it can be passed down to your children as well.
    C) It might have more value later if Trump doesn't win.
    D) You can't have too many guns.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Just my $0.02. It was a gift. Doesn't that have any sentimental value to you? It would to me. I wouldn't let it go unless I was in desperate need of funds.

You have 2 pistols so you don't need any more? Do you only have 2 pairs of pants? 2 shirts? Having more than you can use at the moment is not some violation of nature.

The pistol has a retail price around 500 bucks. A dealer might give you 250. Private sale 350-400. If Dad gave you cash, would you throw half of it away because you already have some?

I kinda hope this is just a troll and not a real question.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I’ve come to realize a few things...

1. Gifts freely given in and of themselves shouldn’t burden the receiver, regardless of the intention of the giver.

2. If asked before the gift is given, the receiver should respond honestly and in relation to the intent of the giver. Fear of hurting the givers feelings should be considered but so should any other relevant actions or results.

3. Gifts given by loved ones have the most enduring sentimental value, regardless of basic intrinsic value.

4. Gifts given that imparts some level of work or responsibility on the part of the receiver should be considered as to the consequences down the road of the gift (think about giving guns, animals, vehicles, property, etc.)

My dad died when I was young, and I left for the military shortly after high school. After a series of moves, my mom had to leave behind or sell/give away most of anything of value, so I have nothing from my father or grandfather except a box of photographs, but they mean a lot to me.

To the OP, I’d simply say this...look at your relationship and where you may be 10 years from now. If you have a bunch if guns from your dad already, that may make the decision different than if this is the first or one of a very few.

The great thing about any good gun...they have longevity and will work great 20 years from now...

YMMV

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I'll probably keep it. Steyr shoots way better than the glock.

Dump the Glock.
    A7ADAFA0-C8F7-4F15-9D4D-FB71815B9C77.jpeg

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Moonpie is correct. Right now dumping the Glock might be the move. You'll certainly get more than you paid for it under current pricing conditions. I redact my suggestion to sell the Steyr. Just not a lot of accessories for it later on if you want to do anything with it. If you like how it shoots better then keep it.

P.S. you could always sell the Steyr and get two Caniks. They shoot better than that Steyr.

Top Bottom