• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

I'm SEEKING a LOW BAND/LOW SPLIT (18-35 MHZ) FM MOBILE transceiver to convert for 10 meter FM ham radio, which has at least EIGHT available frequencies/"channels" & is COMPLETE with MIC, wiring harness & any other necessary accessories..

The 2-way radio need NOT work, as I can repair it, to install in my mobile unit.
    (These transceivers used to be very common in Texas for small town police, VFD & farm use.)

yours, satx
    San Antonio 78208
    Hurley's Gold

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Crystal controlled or PLL channel units?

Some of the older Kenwood mobiles would work as well as some GE Mastr II and later models, with Motorola Mitreks. Hmmm, I may have a GE RANGR with that band split. Let me look over the weekend. I may even have a control head and mic.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Crystal controlled or PLL channel units?

Some of the older Kenwood mobiles would work as well as some GE Mastr II and later models, with Motorola Mitreks. Hmmm, I may have a GE RANGR with that band split. Let me look over the weekend. I may even have a control head and mic.

lonestardiver,

PERHAPS any of the GE, MOTOROLA, KENWOOD or MIDLAND & other mobile units will be OK, IF the transceiver has at least EIGHT available channels.

I need to be able to cover the FOUR 10M repeater pairs & 2-4 simplex frequencies, too.

BTW, I'm "in the planning process of" preparing to get a 10M repeater coordinated, built & installed on the TX Gulf Coast.

It is my HOPE that, given the GREAT groundwave of 29 MHZ, that ONE repeater will cover all or nearly all of the coast, for AFTER THE HURRICANE R & R USE..

A low band RANGR would be SWELL.
    (IF I remember correctly the RANGR is 16 channel capable & easily programmable for the 29 MHZ frequencies.)

NOTE: Our family farm was once licensed in the 25 MHZ band for AG use for trucks, tractors, etc.. = My "oh so helpful little sister" threw away the radios when our uncle passed away.
    (I asked her WHY she threw out perfectly good transceivers & she said, "Nobody was using the radios right then & they were in my way. - IF you need radios again go buy some." ===> I said, "GEE THANKS, Sis."

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ok I looked...everything I have is lowband VHF for 6m range 35Mhz-50Mhz....35Mhz is the lowest they specify.

I thought I had one for 29-42Mhz but I do not.

lonestardiver,

OK. How much cash for the 35-50 MHZ radio?

yours, sat

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    This would be radio only.
    My control heads were damaged in a storm a while back when my shed with some surplus gear got blown apart and I do not know where any cables are at this point.

When I got them (15 years ago) I was able to power them up and verify power output through a power meter into a dummy load.

So it would be as-is for $25 plus shipping. I wish I could say more about them.... These may be the 110w units from what I can decode on them. AXA9HHTR-163-B and AXA9HHTR-139-B

Top Bottom