• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Ouch. Why not sell privately? You might get a better deal.

I fell into my latest truck quite strangely. A Honda dealer took in a low mileage 2017 F150 and just couldn’t turn it because customers don’t expect an F150 on a Honda lot, and don’t go to a Honda lot for an F150.

44 days after they took it in on trade, I bought it for $8k off their asking price and got another $10K for my old F150 that I could have sold privately for probably $3k more. Just easier for me to do that way though.

I just bought it so unless someone on the street wants to fork over 30k+ and then wait until I get the title. Actually I have never sold a vehicle privately in Texas so I am unsure of the process of selling it privately while it is financed.

The only good thing is that the wrangler holds its value really well so I will almost break even

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I just bought it so unless someone on the street wants to fork over 30k+ and then wait until I get the title. Actually I have never sold a vehicle privately in Texas so I am unsure of the process of selling it privately while it is financed.

The only good thing is that the wrangler holds its value really well so I will almost break even

The last time I sold something that was financed, the buyer’s bank contacted me with the lien info and vehicle info, then they paid my bank the loan value and sent me a check for the difference. My bank sent theirs the title docs. Was pretty easy.

You could call your bank and see what the process is if it’s not available online.

But you’re right in that Wranglers tend to hold their value well.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    The last time I sold something that was financed, the buyer’s bank contacted me with the lien info and vehicle info, then they paid my bank the loan value and sent me a check for the difference. My bank sent theirs the title docs. Was pretty easy.

You could call your bank and see what the process is if it’s not available online.

But you’re right in that Wranglers tend to hold their value well.

Oh damn that sounds real simple

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Im probably going to trade it in for a tundra. Its not a bad vehicle and off road it really shines but I need a bed and to be able to tow some more weight. Expensive mistake on my behalf :facepalm:
    Be aware if you aren’t already, they are gas hogs. I love em, used plenty of them, but even the latest generation is a gas hog.

Also, consider test driving a eco boost f150. I didn’t like the body style or inside but my father in law has one and it’s a respectable truck with ok mileage.

Consider a new Nissan Titan. I know I got rid of mine, but it wasn’t because it took a shit. I have never beat the piss out of a rig like that and it took it. I’m telling you right now, if you get new or like new, you can trust that rig. Maybe I got a good one. It survived trails in Oregon, towing, 20k miles on a damaged wheel bearing, all good. Lol. The gas Titan is cheap on the inside but mechanically it ain’t no bitch.

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Ouch. Why not sell privately? You might get a better deal.

I fell into my latest truck quite strangely. A Honda dealer took in a low mileage 2017 F150 and just couldn’t turn it because customers don’t expect an F150 on a Honda lot, and don’t go to a Honda lot for an F150.

44 days after they took it in on trade, I bought it for $8k off their asking price and got another $10K for my old F150 that I could have sold privately for probably $3k more. Just easier for me to do that way though.
    I bought a Chevy Avalanche at a Volkswagen dealership the same way. They had it in inventory for 4 months, because who goes to a Volkswagen dealer looking for a 4X4?

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Be aware if you aren’t already, they are gas hogs. I love em, used plenty of them, but even the latest generation is a gas hog.

Also, consider test driving a eco boost f150. I didn’t like the body style or inside but my father in law has one and it’s a respectable truck with ok mileage.

Consider a new Nissan Titan. I know I got rid of mine, but it wasn’t because it took a shit. I have never beat the piss out of a rig like that and it took it. I’m telling you right now, if you get new or like new, you can trust that rig. Maybe I got a good one. It survived trails in Oregon, towing, 20k miles on a damaged wheel bearing, all good. Lol. The gas Titan is cheap on the inside but mechanically it ain’t no bitch.

Yea I figured that looking at the mpg estimates. I was more or less looking for the reliability. Want something that will last along time. I had a frontier for a little while and it was very reliable too

There is a dealer in dallas with a tundra, v8 4x4 long bed with the double cab. Thinking I might be buying it soon

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yea I figured that looking at the mpg estimates. I was more or less looking for the reliability. Want something that will last along time. I had a frontier for a little while and it was very reliable too

There is a dealer in dallas with a tundra, v8 4x4 long bed with the double cab. Thinking I might be buying it soon
    Do it. I have also witnessed a tundra get beat to hell and take it. Actually that truck hit a deer too. The bull bar is what saved it from getting too much damage.

Tundra is a great truck.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Y'all are a bad influence. I owe about a year on my current car (which the trade in value sucks on btw) but I'm thinking about going to look at this:

https://www.texasdirectauto.com/for-sale/Chevrolet-Colorado/vehicle/1GCGSBE31F1233573

001_0001.jpg

Attachments

• 001_0001.jpg
      001_0001.jpg
      33.9 KB · Views: 305

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Back in the early 90’s I had a good friend that drove a Jeep Wrangler Sahara edition. It was the most under powered and over rated vehicle I ever had the pleasure of working on continuously. He could see a puddle in the road and his Jeep would start coughing and sneezing. Every time he went out 4 wheeling without me, my old Bronco would be going on a rescue mission. If he didn’t get his distributor wet, he was stuck. I towed that damn thing home more than he ever drove it home. And it was only 4 years old with 60k miles on it. He couldn’t get above 65 mph unless he was drafting off somebody. One day he was right on my tail and I slowly eased my speed up to 90 and he was able to stay right with me. Me being the jokester I was, I Jumped to the other side of the road to pass another car, and that Jeep looked like it deployed a parachute.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    SQL, get the locking rear diff. If you can. Mine kicked in tonight while picking up my kid out in Palmer. It was nice.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    In all reality I shouldn't spring for a truck right now but it'd be nice. Getting a Chevy would be a hard sell to the wife, she's a dyed in the wool Ford girl lol.

Why'd it kick in?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I wanted to test it. It’s automatic and no bugs or funny business with it. My father in law has a section of driveway that inclines a bit and gets tore up and has gravel.

Top Bottom