Join TexasGunTalk

Seeking Private Training/Instructor N. Houston or vicinity

Discussion in 'Texas LTC / CHL' started by 88Icon, Feb 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. 88Icon

88Icon New Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Houston
    Mature married couple in N. Houston area seeking to locate a professional firearms trainer/instructor that provides private training to individuals. We are "novices" and interested in obtaining the best quality training we can acquire as to ensure competency in the handling and use of firearms for personal/private protection including home and personal carry; for pre-CHL applicants.

Preference toward certified instructor including police officer.

Please PM me if you offer such services or can refer us to someone. Thanks.

2. Jon Payne

Jon Payne Well-Known

Nov 16, 2010
    SE TX/Gulf Coast
    Pm sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. matefrio

matefrio ΔΕΞΑΙ TGT Supporter

Welcome to the forum. N. Houston or N. Harris county?

http://www.patriothandguntraining.com or John Payne above is a good guy and well qualified as well.

I'm not a professional but a long time hobbyist.

I'll offer any gun I own, and a few I can barrow, and some helpful shooing time for the cost of ammo and range fees for center fire. 22lr I'll cover ammo costs as well.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  4. scap99

scap99 TGT Addict

Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Patriot Handgun Training would be perfect for you.

Chris is a site sponsor and has run several local members through his courses.

In full disclosure. He's like a brother to me, and we've been shooting together for over 10 years. Also, I am a Range Safety Officer for his larger classes.

5. TundraWookiee

TundraWookiee Scruffy Nerf Herder TGT Supporter

Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I consider Chris from Patriot Handgun Training a friend and personally endorse his courses both as a friend and as a past and future student.

Although I have never had the opportunity of taking one of his courses, I've heard excellent things about Jon Payne and my interactions with him on here have been wonderful.

I'm always happy to lend a helping hand where I can as well. I am not currently a certified instructor but am signed up for both a NRA Instructor course as well as the CHL Instructor course and hope to offer what training I can in the future. Good luck with your decision.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

6. Combative W

Combative W Member

Feb 14, 2013
    We are in the Austin area, but I regularly have clients that come up for a day of private training. Feel free to visit our website at Tactical Weapon Training Classes Austin Texas Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

7. duns

duns Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I have taken several days of tactical handgun and tactical shotgun training, both private training and training in a class, from James Preston: instructors

James usually conducts the training at the Impact Zone, a private outdoor range in pretty countryside north of Houston.

James is a police officer and if you take a class with him you may find some of your fellow students are police officers! To begin with, you would probably want private lessons until you have the basic skills - James will customize the private training to your needs.

He is a great instructor and I recommend him very highly.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013